Fairchild Media Group: Event Manager
Penske Media Corporation, New York, NY USA
Content is the cornerstone to all we do, and our audience is why we do it.
Salary: Base + Benefits + 401-k
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Fairchild Media Group: Event Manager
COVID-19 HIRING UPDATE: We have transitioned to a remote work model and are continuing to hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We appreciate this is unprecedented times and will work closely with you, taking into account your individual circumstances.
Fairchild Media Group Events Team connect the titans of the industry at focused gatherings (currently virtual) designed to inform and inspire through content curated by Fairchild Media's renowned editorial team. Attended by senior executives in the global fashion, beauty and retail industries, and each event offers unique perspectives from those who are successfully navigating the ever-changing landscape.
- Interaction with all event sponsors throughout the lifecycle of an event including; pre-communication, kick-off calls, account management and post-event
- Administrative duties include collecting all collateral for sponsors before an event, organizing all sponsor materials and setup for the event
- Upon completion of event, return all sponsor materials to clients
- Collect all sponsor graphic materials and assets for each event for promotional material, on-site/virtual technology and graphics on-site /virtual
- Communicate on a regular basis with VP, Events regarding sponsor needs/clients wants
- Assist 5+ sales reps in communicating and brainstorming on various sponsor packages
- Comfortable interacting at the C-Suite level and senior level
- Intellectual curiosity regarding the industry while networking with the larger Fairchild community
- Responsible for accurate finance and accounting of sponsorships at events
- Build relationships to ensure repeat and referral business
- Track and monitor response of all executed efforts; making contingency plans where necessary troubleshoot situations
- Staff all events as host, greeter, registration manager, on-site sponsor support
- 3 plus years of work experience
- Fast learner and advanced problem solver, able to “think out of the box”
- Must be efficient, resourceful, and good with processes with ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to own multiple projects and work independently from start to finish
- Natural interpersonal skills, in-person and via the phone/ zoom
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently and deliver excellent communication & customer service
- Professional and articulate delivery when interacting with clients
- Expertise in MS Office, especially MS Excel, Salesforce tech/ software platform savvy
About the Company:
Fairchild Media Group (FMG), a division of Penske Media Corporation (PMC), is the leading source of fashion news and analysis for industry leaders and the global fashion community. Fairchild brands include WWD, FN (Footwear News), Beauty Inc, and Sourcing Journal.
WWD: WWD is the leading business authority for the fashion, retail, and beauty industries. WWD provides a balance of timely, credible business news and key fashion trends to a dedicated readership of retailers, designers, manufacturers, marketers, financiers, Wall Street analysts, international moguls, media executives, ad agencies, consumers, and trend-makers.
Beauty Inc: Beauty Inc is the insider’s guide to the global Beauty community. Offering six franchise printed issues per year, a weekly news-based digital publication, and expanded coverage on wwd.com, Beauty Inc is highly-regarded for comprehensive reporting on industry trends and marketplace developments and is considered the premier source for in-depth coverage on all aspects of the Beauty, Wellness and Retail communities.
Footwear News: Footwear News is the ultimate source for senior footwear and fashion executives, providing an insider’s perspective on top news, trends and strategies. FN keeps you and your business a step ahead on the retailing, manufacturing and financial aspects of the footwear industry. FN spotlights the hottest new designers, newsmakers, and business leaders, as well as reporting on the most groundbreaking fashion trends and more.
PMC is a leading independent global media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a passionate monthly audience of more than 310 million. Since 2004, Penske Media has been a pioneer in digital media and a platform innovator, reaching viewers on all screens across its ever-growing constellation of iconic brands, which includes Deadline, Variety, Rolling Stone, Billboard, The Hollywood Reporter, VIBE, WWD, SHE Media, Robb Report, Sportico, TVLine, BGR, ARTnews, Art in America, Fairchild Media, and Spy.com, among many others. PMC’s journalists and content creators deliver daily the most comprehensive news and information in their industries and areas of coverage, unequaled in ambition, depth and courage. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 14 countries worldwide, PMC believes companies should not only be profitable but also forces for good. To learn more about PMC, our 2% Foundation, and our portfolio of brands, please visit www.PMC.com.
About Penske Media Corporation
Penske Media Corporation (PMC) is a leading digital media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a monthly audience of more than 260 million a month and reaches users in more than 175 countries as well as a collective 390 million social media followers. The company houses a constellation of globally prominent and legendary brands, including Variety, Rolling Stone, Deadline.com, WWD, Robb Report, SHE Media, BGR, IndieWire, Beauty Inc, Sourcing Journal, TVLine, FN, BlogHer, HollywoodLife, Gold Derby, and SPY. PMC delivers exceptional content to consumers, business leaders and organizations around the world across multiple platforms: digital, mobile, social, print, video, broadcast, and dynamic live events. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 11 countries worldwide, Penske Media is the way global leaders and influencers are informed, connected, and inspired.
Want to learn more about Penske Media Corporation? Visit Penske Media Corporation's website.
Create the extraordinary.
Media Jobs For You
Sales Administration Asst. Manager, Worldwide New Media Servicing
NBCUniversal, LLC, Universal City, California