IndieWire: Temp/Freelance Ecommerce Writer
Penske Media Corporation, Los Angeles, CA USA
Content is the cornerstone to all we do, and our audience is why we do it.
Salary: Paid Hourly
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
IndieWire: Temp/Freelance Ecommerce Writer
IndieWire seeks an innovative Ecommerce Writer to contribute 2-3 articles to the site each week to start, each of which will be based around affiliate marketing links to drive revenue. This role requires a creative journalist preferably with previous ecommerce experience, who can think like a marketer and a shopper.
- Pitch, in consultation with the Ecommerce Editor and an SEO consultant, 2-3 ecommerce stories per week of at least 350 words and write them in IndieWire’s CMS.
- Generate ecommerce links for all stories you write and oversee all aspects of a story’s production in our CMS from start to finish, including pulling and cropping photos.
- Add your stories to IndieWire’s editorial calendar for tracking.
- Work with other editorial staff to collect ideas for film technology-focused stories (cameras, editing software, etc.) for our industry-focused audience.
- Maintain high level of editorial standards for all stories – ecommerce stories should fit naturally with all other editorial.
- Must have demonstrated understanding of affiliate marketing, including the ability to pull links from affiliate networks.
- A history of journalistic excellence covering film and TV at publications of three million monthly visitors or higher, with 3+ years of experience. Tech experience is a plus. Knowledge of AP Style is mandatory.
- A profound understanding of the ins-and-outs of film and TV from both a consumer-facing and industry-facing perspective, high-brow, low-brow and in between – from keeping up to date on the best TV shows and movies to stream, to the Best Professional Grade Movie Cameras Under $5,000, and Best Star Wars Gifts.
- A minute attention to detail, including following specific best practices that directly impact our traffic.
IndieWire is the leading digital brand devoted to curating, reporting, and celebrating the best in film, TV, and entertainment. Branded the “online heartbeat of the world’s independent film community” by Forbes and dubbed “best indie crossroads” by film critic Roger Ebert, IndieWire is a two-time winner of the Webby Award for best entertainment website. IndieWire launched in July 1996 and in January 2016 joined Penske Media Corporation’s portfolio of leading global media brands.
PMC is a leading independent global media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a passionate monthly audience of more than 310 million. Since 2004, Penske Media has been a pioneer in digital media and a platform innovator, reaching viewers on all screens across its ever-growing constellation of iconic brands, which includes Deadline, Variety, Rolling Stone, Billboard, The Hollywood Reporter, VIBE, WWD, SHE Media, Robb Report, Sportico, BGR, ARTnews, Art in America, Fairchild Media, and Spy.com, among many others. PMC’s journalists and content creators deliver daily the most comprehensive news and information in their industries and areas of coverage, unequaled in ambition, depth and courage. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 14 countries worldwide, PMC believes companies should not only be profitable but also forces for good. To learn more about PMC, our 2% Foundation, and our portfolio of brands, please visit www.PMC.com.
About Penske Media Corporation
Penske Media Corporation (PMC) is a leading digital media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a monthly audience of more than 260 million a month and reaches users in more than 175 countries as well as a collective 390 million social media followers. The company houses a constellation of globally prominent and legendary brands, including Variety, Rolling Stone, Deadline.com, WWD, Robb Report, SHE Media, BGR, IndieWire, Beauty Inc, Sourcing Journal, TVLine, FN, BlogHer, HollywoodLife, Gold Derby, and SPY. PMC delivers exceptional content to consumers, business leaders and organizations around the world across multiple platforms: digital, mobile, social, print, video, broadcast, and dynamic live events. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 11 countries worldwide, Penske Media is the way global leaders and influencers are informed, connected, and inspired.
Want to learn more about Penske Media Corporation? Visit Penske Media Corporation's website.
Create the extraordinary.