Business Development Manager, Corporate Sales
Penske Media Corporation, New York, NY USA
Content is the cornerstone to all we do, and our audience is why we do it.
Salary: Base + Benefits + 401-k
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Business Development Manager, Corporate Sales
Penske Media Corporation (PMC) is a leading digital media and information services company, operating iconic media brands such as Rolling Stone, IndieWire, WWD, Variety, HollywoodLife and more.
The company is currently seeking a dynamic Business Development Manager, Corporate Sales to lead the growth of corporate and educational partners subscribing to Women’s Wear Daily (WWD.com), the leading business publication in fashion.
Reporting to the VP, Digital Acquisition, the role will analyze and leverage the marketing team’s audience data and analytics to find new sales opportunities, use their creative talents to develop pitch decks and materials for sales approaches and employ digital marketing and sales skills to scale outreach efforts to potential new accounts.
The role will also be expected to identify growth opportunities outside of internal marketing data and possess excellent verbal and written communication skills to convert responses from outbound sales efforts into new subscription packages.
- Extracting and analyzing data from audience marketing systems to identify new corporate and educational sales opportunities. Data sources include email and CRM database, website analytics, account information from billing systems and publicly available information from websites, business directories and more.
- Organize and articulate compelling sales data in Excel to quantify outreach strategies and guide time and resourcing efforts.
- Create bespoke sales strategies for specific verticals, including underlying business opportunity, sales angles, pitch decks, materials and collateral, lists of prospective accounts and sales goals.
- Execute high volume outbound personal sales outreach efforts by email and phone
- Execute targeted digital marketing sales outreach through email blasts and lead capture/generation on marketing platforms (e.g. LinkedIn, Instagram)
- Market corporate and educational sales packages on WWD.com
- Convert inbound email and phone responses from outreach activities into new subscription package sales, taking the lead on negotiating package pricing, structure and options.
- Develop executive summary reporting on the corporate sales function for leadership
- Clearly articulate a sales strategy, funnel and lead pipeline
- Develop a clear understanding of growth opportunities with current accounts
- 3+ years of marketing and business development/sales experience
- Highly proficient in Excel (pivot, formulas, tables, etc), strong PowerPoint and Word skills
- Understanding of website analytics and experience/proficiency with Google Analytics
- Sound knowledge of email marketing and social media marketing platforms and solutions
- Experience and understanding with CRMs
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit, self-motivated & resourceful, quick-thinking multitasker
- Confident in sales negotiations, able to interface with senior corporate executives
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
PMC is a leading independent global media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a passionate monthly audience of more than 310 million. Since 2004, Penske Media has been a pioneer in digital media and a platform innovator, reaching viewers on all screens across its ever-growing constellation of iconic brands, which includes Deadline, Variety, Rolling Stone, Billboard, The Hollywood Reporter, VIBE, WWD, SHE Media, Robb Report, Sportico, BGR, ARTnews, Art in America, Fairchild Media, and Spy.com, among many others. PMC’s journalists and content creators deliver daily the most comprehensive news and information in their industries and areas of coverage, unequaled in ambition, depth and courage. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 14 countries worldwide, PMC believes companies should not only be profitable but also forces for good. To learn more about PMC, our 2% Foundation, and our portfolio of brands, please visit www.PMC.com.
About Penske Media Corporation
Penske Media Corporation (PMC) is a leading digital media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a monthly audience of more than 260 million a month and reaches users in more than 175 countries as well as a collective 390 million social media followers. The company houses a constellation of globally prominent and legendary brands, including Variety, Rolling Stone, Deadline.com, WWD, Robb Report, SHE Media, BGR, IndieWire, Beauty Inc, Sourcing Journal, TVLine, FN, BlogHer, HollywoodLife, Gold Derby, and SPY. PMC delivers exceptional content to consumers, business leaders and organizations around the world across multiple platforms: digital, mobile, social, print, video, broadcast, and dynamic live events. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 11 countries worldwide, Penske Media is the way global leaders and influencers are informed, connected, and inspired.
Want to learn more about Penske Media Corporation? Visit Penske Media Corporation's website.
Create the extraordinary.