The Hollywood Reporter: Designer, Marketing
Penske Media Corporation, Los Angeles, CA USA
Content is the cornerstone to all we do, and our audience is why we do it.
Salary: Base + Benefits + 401-k
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
The Hollywood Reporter: Designer, Marketing
The Hollywood Reporter is seeking a Designer for the Ad Sales and Marketing Department. The Designer will be the engine behind THR’s marketing and sales collateral, assisting the Art Director in creating digital and print branding and promotional materials. We are looking for an energetic, highly creative, rising star whose work pops in an original way, and who can deliver inventive ideas as part of larger strategic campaigns. The ideal candidate is also passionate about entertainment and the arts.
- Assist Art Director in driving creative strategy to support sales, marketing and branding goals
- Participate in ideation, creation and delivery of:
- In-house marketing materials such as sales decks and media kits
- Branding ads
- Custom creative for advertising clients
- High-impact proprietary ad units
- Eye-catching social content, both video and static
- Event design for high-end conferences and events (including brand identity, event design, and collateral)
- Video and brand film ideation
- PPT and Keynote presentations
- 2-3 years of design experience
- Understanding of larger marketing and creative strategy, and how design fits into a larger campaign story
- Interest in entertainment and related fields
- Be a positive and collaborative team member who is ego-free and invites feedback, while also knowing how and when to defend design choices
- A thorough attention to detail who pays close attention to typos, consistency, etc.
- Solid organizational skills and the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment with pixel-perfect execution from beginning to completion
- Strong conceptual, out-of-the-box thinker who is prolific with ideas
- Exceptional typography and design aesthetic
- The ability to take risks in design, pushes past the obvious and make something outstanding
- Proficiency with technology and social a plus – looking for someone in the loop with industry trends and emerging technology
- Have excellent knowledge of Adobe CC, PowerPoint and Keynote
In addition to an updated resume, candidates must submit a link to an online portfolio or 5 work samples via PDF in order to be considered for the position.
About The Hollywood Reporter:
At a time of transformative change, The Hollywood Reporter provides unparalleled access to and intelligence about the business of the entertainment industry, as well as the people and the culture behind it. THR is an urgent and timely blend of rigorous breaking news, analysis, investigative reporting, insightful features, as well as lively design and elegant, creative photography across multiple platforms _ a high-octane 24/7 website, a luxurious weekly print magazine, video series, podcasts, exclusive events and robust social media accounts. THR sets the entertainment agenda, elevating and broadening the style and substance of the Hollywood conversation.
PMC is a leading independent global media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a passionate monthly audience of more than 310 million. Since 2004, Penske Media has been a pioneer in digital media and a platform innovator, reaching viewers on all screens across its ever-growing constellation of iconic brands, which includes Deadline, Variety, Rolling Stone, Billboard, The Hollywood Reporter, VIBE, WWD, SHE Media, Robb Report, Sportico, BGR, ARTnews, Art in America, Fairchild Media, and Spy.com, among many others. PMC’s journalists and content creators deliver daily the most comprehensive news and information in their industries and areas of coverage, unequaled in ambition, depth and courage. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 14 countries worldwide, PMC believes companies should not only be profitable but also forces for good. To learn more about PMC, our 2% Foundation, and our portfolio of brands, please visit www.PMC.com.
About Penske Media Corporation
Penske Media Corporation (PMC) is a leading digital media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a monthly audience of more than 260 million a month and reaches users in more than 175 countries as well as a collective 390 million social media followers. The company houses a constellation of globally prominent and legendary brands, including Variety, Rolling Stone, Deadline.com, WWD, Robb Report, SHE Media, BGR, IndieWire, Beauty Inc, Sourcing Journal, TVLine, FN, BlogHer, HollywoodLife, Gold Derby, and SPY. PMC delivers exceptional content to consumers, business leaders and organizations around the world across multiple platforms: digital, mobile, social, print, video, broadcast, and dynamic live events. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 11 countries worldwide, Penske Media is the way global leaders and influencers are informed, connected, and inspired.
Want to learn more about Penske Media Corporation? Visit Penske Media Corporation's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands