Fairchild Fashion Media: Designer
Penske Media Corporation, New York, NY USA
Content is the cornerstone to all we do, and our audience is why we do it.
Salary: Base + Benefits + 401-k
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Fairchild Fashion Media: Designer
Fairchild Fashion Media, a division of Penske Media Corp.is looking for a designer to work with our New York office team. In this fast-paced integrated editorial, marketing and experiential environment, the designer will create unique and compelling print and digital designs and collateral on a wide-ranging scope of programs and platforms.
- The position will report to the art director and work on a mix of digital and print products - WWD Digital Daily and Beauty Inc. weekly newsletter (Digital products) as well as Footwear News monthly and Beauty Inc. Bimonthly (Print magazines).
- Equally skilled at producing templated pages, in addition to designing one off creative feature stories off template.
- Commission illustrations and manage the process.
- Create social media and web assets
- Managing your time wisely and keeping the team up-to-date while juggling multiple projects at once
- Two+ years’ experience working in an inhouse design team, using Adobe CC
- Two+ years’ experience using Adobe CC
- Experience working on high-volume quick turnaround products is a must.
- Working knowledge of CSS and HTML and how it relates to design is a plus
- Video editing capabilities are a plus
- Flexibility in schedule is a must, this position will have alternating schedules with another designer.
- Experience working with WordPress a plus
- Strong attention to detail, quick learner, ability to take direction and feedback with a positive attitude, and willing to work as a team
About Fairchild Media:
Fairchild Media, with publications like WWD and Footwear News (FN), produces the publications of record for senior fashion executives, providing an insider's perspective on top news, trends and strategies. Fairchild publications keep businesses a step ahead on the retailing, manufacturing and financial aspects of the global women's and men's fashion, retail and beauty communities and the consumer media that cover the market. Fairchild Media is owned by Penske Media Corporation (PMC) – a leading digital media, publishing, and information Services Company founded in 2003.
Penske Media Corporation (PMC) is a leading digital media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a monthly audience of more than 180 million and empowers more than 1 million global CEOs and business thought-leaders in markets that impact the world. Our dynamic events, data services, and rich content entertain and educate today’s fashion, retail, beauty, entertainment and lifestyle sectors. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 11 countries worldwide, Penske Media is the way global influencers are informed, connected, and inspired. To learn more about PMC and its brands, visit pmc.com.
About Penske Media Corporation
Penske Media Corporation (PMC) is a leading digital media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a monthly audience of more than 260 million a month and reaches users in more than 175 countries as well as a collective 390 million social media followers. The company houses a constellation of globally prominent and legendary brands, including Variety, Rolling Stone, Deadline.com, WWD, Robb Report, SHE Media, BGR, IndieWire, Beauty Inc, Sourcing Journal, TVLine, FN, BlogHer, HollywoodLife, Gold Derby, and SPY. PMC delivers exceptional content to consumers, business leaders and organizations around the world across multiple platforms: digital, mobile, social, print, video, broadcast, and dynamic live events. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 11 countries worldwide, Penske Media is the way global leaders and influencers are informed, connected, and inspired.
Want to learn more about Penske Media Corporation? Visit Penske Media Corporation's website.
Create the extraordinary.