LA3C: VP, Marketing
Penske Media Corporation, Los Angeles, CA USA
Content is the cornerstone to all we do, and our audience is why we do it.
Salary: Base + Benefits + 401-k
Level: Executive (Director, VP, Department Head)
LA3C: VP, Marketing
Penske Media Corporation (PMC) is seeking a Vice President of Marketing for our inaugural culture festival, LA3C. The event is a celebration of Los Angeles powered by PMC’s iconic brands, which include Rolling Stone, Variety, Billboard, The Hollywood Reporter, Vibe, Robb Report, WWD, among many others. The three-day event will feature food, art, concerts, panels, shopping and sports events.
The VP will oversee LA3C festival marketing, including strategy and operations around environmental design, merchandise, publications, content development, and ticket sales. Reporting directly to the Chief Marketing Officer, you’ll be responsible for spearheading all marketing efforts supporting the event, including activations by PMC brands and their sponsors. This role embraces strategic planning and execution and oversees the event brand building. You'll liaise regularly with internal and external partners to ensure that marketing plans are on budget, goals are being met, and support sales and brand initiatives.
- Develops strategy and creative direction for all festival materials. With team, manages execution, including timelines and budget.
- Leads, with team, day-to-day lead on marketing strategy and operations
- Build integrated, omnichannel marketing programs that generate effective outcomes across media and social media platforms
- Analyze key performance indicators with the goal of driving site traffic and ticket sales
- Drive narrative campaigns, influencer marketing, content, and partnerships
- Oversee content team and production partners
- Work with internal stakeholders on LA3C website and overall digital user experience
- Facilitate consistent LA3C messaging across all consumer touchpoints
- Drive consumer awareness of and engagement with the festival and individual activations and talent
- Manage festival marketing budget
- Participate in strategy planning; identify target audience; analyze consumer trends and market data, and identify growth opportunities
- Develop data and insights-led marketing strategies that will drive new audience, engagement, and retention.
- Act as strategic lead guiding marketing activities on behalf of the festival. This includes managing relationships with our marketing agency, and actively driving related strategies.
- Work collaboratively with the Partnerships / Finance teams to identify brand and revenue generating opportunities for merchandise and revenue partnerships
- Ensure all initiatives and campaigns align with company mission, values and voice.
- 10+ years of experience in event marketing and management
- Expertise in media or events sector, with broad experience in social media, content, digital, and integrated marketing plans
- Lead digital and influencer marketing
- A minimum of five years’ experience leading a team
- Proven track record in creating and executing strategic brand and marketing campaigns and initiatives that resonate across consumer touchpoints
- Strong analytical skills
- A confident, action-oriented mindset
- Must have strong computer proficiency with strength in MS Office. (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, or a related field
PMC is a leading independent global media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a passionate monthly audience of more than 310 million. Since 2004, Penske Media has been a pioneer in digital media and a platform innovator, reaching viewers on all screens across its ever-growing constellation of iconic brands, which includes Deadline, Variety, Rolling Stone, Billboard, The Hollywood Reporter, VIBE, WWD, SHE Media, Robb Report, Sportico, BGR, ARTnews, Art in America, Fairchild Media, and Spy.com, among many others. PMC’s journalists and content creators deliver daily the most comprehensive news and information in their industries and areas of coverage, unequaled in ambition, depth and courage. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 14 countries worldwide, PMC believes companies should not only be profitable but also forces for good. To learn more about PMC, our 2% Foundation, and our portfolio of brands, please visit www.PMC.com.
About Penske Media Corporation
Penske Media Corporation (PMC) is a leading digital media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a monthly audience of more than 260 million a month and reaches users in more than 175 countries as well as a collective 390 million social media followers. The company houses a constellation of globally prominent and legendary brands, including Variety, Rolling Stone, Deadline.com, WWD, Robb Report, SHE Media, BGR, IndieWire, Beauty Inc, Sourcing Journal, TVLine, FN, BlogHer, HollywoodLife, Gold Derby, and SPY. PMC delivers exceptional content to consumers, business leaders and organizations around the world across multiple platforms: digital, mobile, social, print, video, broadcast, and dynamic live events. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 11 countries worldwide, Penske Media is the way global leaders and influencers are informed, connected, and inspired.
Want to learn more about Penske Media Corporation? Visit Penske Media Corporation's website.
Create the extraordinary.