IndieWire: Senior Video Producer
Penske Media Corporation, Los Angeles, CA USA
Content is the cornerstone to all we do, and our audience is why we do it.
Salary: Base + Benefits + 401-k
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
IndieWire: Senior Video Producer
IndieWire is hiring a Senior Video Producer based in Los Angeles who can help guide our rapid expansion of our high-end video franchises, podcasts, panels, and studio interviews.
Reporting to IndieWire sales & marketing with a dotted line to the Managing Editor, the Video Producer will manage all aspects of IndieWire video production and support from the growing and ever-evolving video needs across sales, marketing, and editorial. The ideal candidate should have both strong editing and post-production supervising skills, as the video producer directs a staff editor and is responsible for sourcing freelance vendors to deliver multiple projects during our busiest periods/seasons, ensuring the final product is both of quality and on brand.
This unique position of being at the intersection of edit and sales requires openness in collaboration. Content is driven by the editorial team, but sponsorship often drives deliverables. Some projects have extremely specific direction; others have minimal guidance or involve working with outside vendors. This role oversees a complex schedule of productions with tight deadlines for multiple stakeholders; it needs a person who prides themselves on creating procedures that ensure everyone is up to date.
- Manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Ensure integrity of editorial voice in all sponsored content video executions
- Closely collaborate with sales to ensure client expectations are met
- Work directly with a cross-functional team, ensuring that work is completed on time and that final products meet expectations
- Ability to execute high-end products in-house while managing the work of freelance video editors
- Identify and coordinate with a strong stable of quality freelancers
- Manage and supervise a workflow for each production stage end-to-end including tracking feedback, revision, and project communication
- Provide detailed direction to editors, graphics designers, and others to ensure quality
- Oversee live shoots, with high production value and quick turnarounds, utilizing either in-house and/or external resources
- Collaborate closely with social team, and have willingness to experiment with different ways video projects can achieve optimal engagement across different platforms
- At least 3-4 years’ experience editing and managing the production of high-end digital video
- An experienced digital video editor with a track record of delivering well edited, polished final projects.
- Experience managing in-house editors and freelancers
- Adobe Premiere and CS expertise
- Troubleshoot technical issues
- Ability to professionally shoot and light interviews in studio, onstage or on-location.
- Background in entertainment, news, fashion or similarly related digital consumer media
- Passion for film and TV
It’s all About You…
At PMC, your wellness is top of mind. We offer a comprehensive benefits package to nurture you and your loved ones, including pets! Our package includes Healthcare (medical, dental, and vision) HSA with an employer contribution, FSA (Healthcare, Dependent Care & Commuter), EAP, Life Insurance, 401K with an employer match, Paid Parental Leave, Long-term Disability, generous Paid Time off (PTO), Pet Insurance, and Home & Auto insurance. Our Wellness initiatives rotate yoga, meditation, wellness weeks on a variety of topics, and financial wellness. We continuously elevate our offerings with more, for you.
For over 25 years, IndieWire has been covering the business and art of entertainment. With the respect of film and TV creators, executives, and passionate fans alike, IndieWire is known for being ahead of the curve with a unique editorial voice that combines in-depth industry reporting and analysis, breaking news, and its best-in-class Oscars, Emmys, and crafts coverage. IndieWire began in July 1996 as an online chat room and evolved to become one of the earliest online entertainment news outlets. As IndieWire grew, its coverage expanded beyond film festivals and the independent film industry to include all aspects of Hollywood and the expanding universes of TV and streaming and has continued to do so since being acquired by Penske Media Corp. in 2016.
PMC is a leading independent global media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a passionate monthly audience of more than 310 million. Since 2004, Penske Media has been a pioneer in digital media and a platform innovator, reaching viewers on all screens across its ever-growing constellation of iconic brands, which includes Deadline, Variety, Rolling Stone, Billboard, The Hollywood Reporter, VIBE, WWD, SHE Media, Robb Report, Sportico, TVLine, BGR, ARTnews, Art in America, Fairchild Media, and Spy.com, among many others. PMC’s journalists and content creators deliver daily the most comprehensive news and information in their industries and areas of coverage, unequaled in ambition, depth and courage. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 14 countries worldwide, PMC believes companies should not only be profitable but also forces for good. To learn more about PMC, our 2% Foundation, and our portfolio of brands, please visit www.PMC.com.
About Penske Media Corporation
Penske Media Corporation (PMC) is a leading digital media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a monthly audience of more than 260 million a month and reaches users in more than 175 countries as well as a collective 390 million social media followers. The company houses a constellation of globally prominent and legendary brands, including Variety, Rolling Stone, Deadline.com, WWD, Robb Report, SHE Media, BGR, IndieWire, Beauty Inc, Sourcing Journal, TVLine, FN, BlogHer, HollywoodLife, Gold Derby, and SPY. PMC delivers exceptional content to consumers, business leaders and organizations around the world across multiple platforms: digital, mobile, social, print, video, broadcast, and dynamic live events. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 11 countries worldwide, Penske Media is the way global leaders and influencers are informed, connected, and inspired.
Want to learn more about Penske Media Corporation? Visit Penske Media Corporation's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands