PMC: SVP, Subscriptions
Penske Media Corporation, Los Angeles, CA USA
Content is the cornerstone to all we do, and our audience is why we do it.
Salary: Base + Benefits + 401-k
Level: Executive (Director, VP, Department Head)
PMC: SVP, Subscriptions
Penske Media Corporation, whose award-winning content across more than 23 media brands attracts a passionate monthly audience of more than 310 million, is looking for a Senior Vice President of Subscriptions to join our team in our West LA headquarters.
In this role, the SVP, Subscriptions will be PMC’s thought leader and subject matter expert on digital subscriptions. They will collaborate with editorial leadership, driving customer acquisition, subscriber engagement, retention and optimization across digital subscription products. Additionally, the SVP, Subscriptions will create strategic plans for PMC corporate and individual brands pertaining to the growth, goals and innovation of subscription products. Oversee annual financial forecasting and planning process, and drive strategic product and engineering roadmap planning.
- Manage the day to day operations of Audience Marketing’s digital products by overseeing user acquisition, engagement, retention (individual and corporate efforts) and other related areas with the goal of optimizing subscription economics and profit contribution. Monitor metrics designed to achieve that end: e.g. conversion, churn, retention rates, and lifetime value. Develop new ones, as needed. Oversee established reporting of digital products’ subscription production and financial progress to brand leadership and senior management.
- This role will succeed by being an effective collaborator across various executive leadership groups: corporate, editorial, ad sales, product/technology, finance, operations, customer service, print subscriptions, and corporate leadership.
- Work closely with Software Engineering, Product, and Project Management teams to implement new features, manage service providers.
- Facilitate Iterative testing programs and research to improve performance and product offerings
- Stay on top of emerging/competitive trends and technologies in digital subscriptions. Assume primary ownership of strategic partnerships with subscription technology and service providers
- Work with print subscription team to unify product offers, features, and tactics.
- At least 8-10 years of experience in digital media, marketing, product, business management or highly related fields
- A minimum of 5 years in a Digital Subscription Marketing leadership role at a successful media company
- Proven success in leading and managing staff and operations across functional groups to meet business goals. You must be a people person that can cultivate talent and create a positive culture.
- Experience in analyzing and understanding the competitive landscape, tools, and available technologies in conversions, subscriptions, and e-commerce
- Expertise with analytics & analysis. Data-centric decision- making capability is a must.
- Experience in a multi-product, multi-client business environment with competing priories and diverse stakeholders. Proven ability to collaborate and build consensus across diverse teams (Edit, Sales, Product, Tech)
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation communications skills at C-Suite and Executive levels
- Strong knowledge of digital product and marketing principles: Agile development, web-based technologies, analytics, customer data platforms, QA, multi-variate testing, conversion optimization
At PMC, your wellness is top of mind. We offer a comprehensive benefits package to nurture you and your loved ones, including pets! Our package includes Healthcare (medical, dental, and vision) HSA with an employer contribution, FSA (Healthcare, Dependent Care & Commuter), EAP, Life Insurance, 401K with an employer match, Paid Parental Leave, Long-term Disability, generous Paid Time off (PTO), Pet Insurance, and Home & Auto insurance. Our Wellness initiatives rotate yoga, meditation, wellness weeks on a variety of topics, and financial wellness. We continuously elevate our offerings with more, for you.
PMC is a leading independent global media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a passionate monthly audience of more than 310 million. Since 2004, Penske Media has been a pioneer in digital media and a platform innovator, reaching viewers on all screens across its ever-growing constellation of iconic brands, which includes Deadline, Variety, Rolling Stone, Billboard, The Hollywood Reporter, VIBE, WWD, SHE Media, Robb Report, Sportico, BGR, ARTnews, Art in America, Fairchild Media, and Spy.com, among many others. PMC’s journalists and content creators deliver daily the most comprehensive news and information in their industries and areas of coverage, unequaled in ambition, depth and courage. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 14 countries worldwide, PMC believes companies should not only be profitable but also forces for good. To learn more about PMC, our 2% Foundation, and our portfolio of brands, please visit www.PMC.com.
About Penske Media Corporation
Penske Media Corporation (PMC) is a leading digital media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a monthly audience of more than 260 million a month and reaches users in more than 175 countries as well as a collective 390 million social media followers. The company houses a constellation of globally prominent and legendary brands, including Variety, Rolling Stone, Deadline.com, WWD, Robb Report, SHE Media, BGR, IndieWire, Beauty Inc, Sourcing Journal, TVLine, FN, BlogHer, HollywoodLife, Gold Derby, and SPY. PMC delivers exceptional content to consumers, business leaders and organizations around the world across multiple platforms: digital, mobile, social, print, video, broadcast, and dynamic live events. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 11 countries worldwide, Penske Media is the way global leaders and influencers are informed, connected, and inspired.
Want to learn more about Penske Media Corporation? Visit Penske Media Corporation's website.
Create the extraordinary.
Creative Jobs For You
Account Executive 2 - Cox Business: Sign-On Bonus Available!
Cox Communications, Las Vegas, NV 89106