PMC: Associate Research Director
Penske Media Corporation, Los Angeles, CA USA
Content is the cornerstone to all we do, and our audience is why we do it.
Salary: Base + Benefits + 401-k
Level: Executive (Director, VP, Department Head)
PMC: Associate Research Director
Penske Media Corp. (PMC) is seeking an Associate Research Director to help spearhead research initiatives across the company. This position provides support on both a corporate and brand level that includes Rolling Stone, Variety, Billboard, Hollywood Reporter, SHE Media, Robb Report and many others. The role works with departments across the company including sales and marketing, product development, consumer marketing, editorial and events. This position reports to PMC’s Research Director. This position can be based in either NYC or West Los Angeles.
- Lead research initiations across all functions: primary, syndicated, data analytics, campaign performance, etc.
- Provides guidance and insights on custom research initiatives (audience, editorial, product, event and thought leader research studies)
- Advise, support and train PMC teams on how to translate data into actionable insights through “storytelling”
- Monitor data analytics and syndicated services to ensure that PMC traffic and audiences are reported correctly
- Evaluate and report on the latest industry trends, new product and research offerings
- Support corporate initiatives in 1st party data development
- Define best practices for the department around reporting, workflow, process and vendor management
- Proactively automate reports, using platforms such as Looker, Google Data Studio, etc.
- Manage staff and project workflow to improve processes
- Manage vendor contracts, budget and relationships
- 7-10 + years’ experience in digital media research and insights
- Knowledge and proficiency with web analytics and syndicated audience services including Google Analytics, Comscore, Comscore MRI Fusion, etc. is a must
- Expertise in qualitative and quantitative research methodologies, questionnaire writing and survey execution
- This role requires both strategic big-picture thinking and hands-on tactical skills
- Management experience with proven ability to lead, train and inspire staff
- Strong interpersonal skills for successful teamwork and collaboration
- Must be accurate with a high attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment, juggle multiple projects, and meet tight deadlines
- Strong analysis, writing, presentation and project management skills
- Strong vendor management and relationships skills
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills. Experience with data analytics platforms such as Looker, a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree +
It’s all About You…
At PMC, your wellness is top of mind. We offer a comprehensive benefits package to nurture you and your loved ones, including pets! Our package includes Healthcare (medical, dental, and vision) HSA with an employer contribution, FSA (Healthcare, Dependent Care & Commuter), EAP, Life Insurance, 401K with an employer match, Paid Parental Leave, Long-term Disability, generous Paid Time off (PTO), Pet Insurance, and Home & Auto insurance. Our Wellness initiatives rotate yoga, meditation, wellness weeks on a variety of topics, and financial wellness. We continuously elevate our offerings with more, for you.
PMC is a leading independent global media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a passionate monthly audience of more than 310 million. Since 2004, Penske Media has been a pioneer in digital media and a platform innovator, reaching viewers on all screens across its ever-growing constellation of iconic brands, which includes Deadline, Variety, Rolling Stone, Billboard, The Hollywood Reporter, VIBE, WWD, SHE Media, Robb Report, Sportico, BGR, ARTnews, Art in America, Fairchild Media, and Spy.com, among many others. PMC’s journalists and content creators deliver daily the most comprehensive news and information in their industries and areas of coverage, unequaled in ambition, depth and courage. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 14 countries worldwide, PMC believes companies should not only be profitable but also forces for good. To learn more about PMC, our 2% Foundation, and our portfolio of brands, please visit www.PMC.com.
About Penske Media Corporation
Penske Media Corporation (PMC) is a leading digital media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a monthly audience of more than 260 million a month and reaches users in more than 175 countries as well as a collective 390 million social media followers. The company houses a constellation of globally prominent and legendary brands, including Variety, Rolling Stone, Deadline.com, WWD, Robb Report, SHE Media, BGR, IndieWire, Beauty Inc, Sourcing Journal, TVLine, FN, BlogHer, HollywoodLife, Gold Derby, and SPY. PMC delivers exceptional content to consumers, business leaders and organizations around the world across multiple platforms: digital, mobile, social, print, video, broadcast, and dynamic live events. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 11 countries worldwide, Penske Media is the way global leaders and influencers are informed, connected, and inspired.
Want to learn more about Penske Media Corporation? Visit Penske Media Corporation's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
Creative Jobs For You
Sr. Product Manager, Peacock Commerce
NBCUniversal, LLC, Englewood Cliffs, NJ Miami, FL, New York, NY Orlando, FL...