Variety: Associate Manager, Talent
Penske Media Corporation, Los Angeles, CA USA
Content is the cornerstone to all we do, and our audience is why we do it.
Salary: Base + Benefits + 401-k
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Variety: Associate Manager, Talent
Variety is seeking an Associate Manager, Talent to assist the talent-booking department across Variety’s live media, video series, and Variety.com initiatives. This person will assist Variety’s VP of Features & Events and Director of Programming for Summits. We are looking for someone with great organizational skills and 1-2 years' experience working in the industry and knowledge of talent representatives and media corporate communications executives. This person will work across some of Variety’s biggest franchises including Power of Women, Actors on Actors, thought leadership summits, and festivals.
- Assist with logistics once talent is booked for live media or video series including booking glam, cars, scheduling prep calls, video recordings and travel arrangements.
- Assist with talent wrangling on site and working with talent reps to communicate Variety’s needs
- Assist with collecting assets for marketing department once talent is booked
- Create agendas for team meetings, take notes on internal calls and schedule conference calls as needed
- Assist with creation and maintenance of necessary documents, forms, databases and spreadsheets as needed
- 1 –2 year experience in an event/marketing/PR or Talent agency related role
- Excellent writing, communication and interpersonal skills
- Process driven, extremely organized and efficient
- Ability to multi-task and handle multiple projects at one-time with a fast-paced environment
- Creative thinker with strong hands-on experience in planning
- Efficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills
- A positive and team player attitude
- Love of both the creative and business aspects of the entertainment industry
It’s all About You…
At PMC, your wellness is top of mind. We offer a comprehensive benefits package to nurture you and your loved ones, including pets! Our package includes Healthcare (medical, dental, and vision) HSA with an employer contribution, FSA (Healthcare, Dependent Care & Commuter), EAP, Life Insurance, 401K with an employer match, Paid Parental Leave, Long-term Disability, generous Paid Time off (PTO), Pet Insurance, and Home & Auto insurance. Our Wellness initiatives rotate yoga, meditation, wellness weeks on a variety of topics, and financial wellness. We continuously elevate our offerings with more, for you.
Now celebrating its 116th year anniversary, Variety is the seminal voice of the entertainment industry. Featuring award-winning breaking news reporting, insightful award-season coverage, must-read feature spotlights and intelligent analysis of the industry’s most prominent players, Variety is the trusted source for the business of global entertainment. Read by a highly engaged audience of industry insiders, Variety’s multi-platform content coverage expands across digital, mobile, social, print and branded content, events and summits.
PMC is a leading independent global media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a passionate monthly audience of more than 310 million. Since 2004, Penske Media has been a pioneer in digital media and a platform innovator, reaching viewers on all screens across its ever-growing constellation of iconic brands, which includes Deadline, Variety, Rolling Stone, Billboard, The Hollywood Reporter, VIBE, WWD, SHE Media, Robb Report, Sportico, BGR, ARTnews, Art in America, Fairchild Media, and Spy.com, among many others. PMC’s journalists and content creators deliver daily the most comprehensive news and information in their industries and areas of coverage, unequaled in ambition, depth and courage. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 14 countries worldwide, PMC believes companies should not only be profitable but also forces for good. To learn more about PMC, our 2% Foundation, and our portfolio of brands, please visit www.PMC.com.
About Penske Media Corporation
Penske Media Corporation (PMC) is a leading digital media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a monthly audience of more than 260 million a month and reaches users in more than 175 countries as well as a collective 390 million social media followers. The company houses a constellation of globally prominent and legendary brands, including Variety, Rolling Stone, Deadline.com, WWD, Robb Report, SHE Media, BGR, IndieWire, Beauty Inc, Sourcing Journal, TVLine, FN, BlogHer, HollywoodLife, Gold Derby, and SPY. PMC delivers exceptional content to consumers, business leaders and organizations around the world across multiple platforms: digital, mobile, social, print, video, broadcast, and dynamic live events. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 11 countries worldwide, Penske Media is the way global leaders and influencers are informed, connected, and inspired.
Want to learn more about Penske Media Corporation? Visit Penske Media Corporation's website.
Create the extraordinary.