The Hollywood Reporter: Executive Director, Consumer
Penske Media Corporation, Los Angeles, CA USA
Content is the cornerstone to all we do, and our audience is why we do it.
Salary: Base + Benefits + 401-k
Level: Executive (Director, VP, Department Head)
The Hollywood Reporter: Executive Director, Consumer
The Hollywood Reporter’s Executive Director, Consumer is responsible for driving event sponsorships, branded/sponsored programs, digital, social and experiential revenue growth by developing and implementing effective integrated sales strategy and programs. The role requires a consultative sales approach along with the ability to become an expert on THR’s suite of offerings including sponsorship sales for existing and new events, branded content/sponsored content, digital, social, video and print. The Executive Director, Consumer will also be required to open doors and break new accounts that span across multiple industries including Automotive, Finance, Technology and Travel/Hospitality. This proven successful individual will be an integral member of The Hollywood Reporter’s sales team based in Los Angeles.
- Proven track record as a top integrated seller
- History of consistently exceeding revenue targets
- Experience closing large and complex deals with advertisers and key agency stakeholders
- Minimum of 10 years client-facing experience in a similar business development role in an entrepreneurial environment
- High level client and agency relationships with experience calling on both B2B and B2C accounts
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Generate revenue through live and virtual events, digital/print media, custom, branded and sponsored content sales
- Develop and drive fresh new revenue opportunities across all platforms
- Initiate/grow/maintain new and existing client and agency relationships
- Proactively build and maintain a pipeline of sales targets, contacts, and sales opportunities
- Develop integrated 360 client/agency pitches that include display, video and mobile including experiential and custom content integrations
- Collaborate and ideate with sales, marketing, and event leadership
- Rate negotiation, cross brand marketing solutions and product innovation
- Build deeper relationships and awareness at both agencies and clients on THR’s offerings
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Relationships that span across multiple categories
- Superior communication and negotiation skills with the ability to come up with creative concepts
- Ability to navigate internal relationships and work in partnership with other sellers
- Willingness to travel for meetings and events as needed, entertain clients and attend industry events.
It’s all About You…
At PMC, your wellness is top of mind. We offer a comprehensive benefits package to nurture you and your loved ones, including pets! Our package includes Healthcare (medical, dental, and vision) HSA with an employer contribution, FSA (Healthcare, Dependent Care & Commuter), EAP, Life Insurance, 401K with an employer match, Paid Parental Leave, Long-term Disability, generous Paid Time off (PTO), Pet Insurance, and Home & Auto insurance. Our Wellness initiatives rotate yoga, meditation, wellness weeks on a variety of topics, and financial wellness. We continuously elevate our offerings with more, for you.
About The Hollywood Reporter:
At a time of transformative change, The Hollywood Reporter provides unparalleled access to and intelligence about the business of the entertainment industry, as well as the people and the culture behind it. THR is an urgent and timely blend of rigorous breaking news, analysis, investigative reporting, insightful features, as well as lively design and elegant, creative photography across multiple platforms — a high-octane 24/7 website, a luxurious weekly print magazine, video series, podcasts, exclusive events and robust social media accounts. THR sets the entertainment agenda, elevating and broadening the style and substance of the Hollywood conversation.
PMC is a leading independent global media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a passionate monthly audience of more than 310 million. Since 2004, Penske Media has been a pioneer in digital media and a platform innovator, reaching viewers on all screens across its ever-growing constellation of iconic brands, which includes Deadline, Variety, Rolling Stone, Billboard, The Hollywood Reporter, VIBE, WWD, SHE Media, Robb Report, Sportico, BGR, ARTnews, Art in America, Fairchild Media, and Spy.com, among many others. PMC’s journalists and content creators deliver daily the most comprehensive news and information in their industries and areas of coverage, unequaled in ambition, depth and courage. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 14 countries worldwide, PMC believes companies should not only be profitable but also forces for good. To learn more about PMC, our 2% Foundation, and our portfolio of brands, please visit www.PMC.com.
About Penske Media Corporation
Penske Media Corporation (PMC) is a leading digital media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a monthly audience of more than 260 million a month and reaches users in more than 175 countries as well as a collective 390 million social media followers. The company houses a constellation of globally prominent and legendary brands, including Variety, Rolling Stone, Deadline.com, WWD, Robb Report, SHE Media, BGR, IndieWire, Beauty Inc, Sourcing Journal, TVLine, FN, BlogHer, HollywoodLife, Gold Derby, and SPY. PMC delivers exceptional content to consumers, business leaders and organizations around the world across multiple platforms: digital, mobile, social, print, video, broadcast, and dynamic live events. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 11 countries worldwide, Penske Media is the way global leaders and influencers are informed, connected, and inspired.
Want to learn more about Penske Media Corporation? Visit Penske Media Corporation's website.
Create the extraordinary.