Art Media: Senior Designer
Penske Media Corporation, New York, NY USA
Content is the cornerstone to all we do, and our audience is why we do it.
Salary: Base + Benefits + 401-k
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Art Media: Senior Designer
Art Media, the parent to ARTnews and Art in America, is hiring a Senior Designer who will generate visual storytelling ideas and create and design compelling high-impact editorial pages for all sections of the magazine. The Senior Designer will also design assets for ARTnews.com and ArtinAmerica.com and social networks and ensure they meet brand guidelines. This position will involve a strong focus on both print and digital design.
We are seeking a strong contributor with 3-5 years' experience in magazine digital/print design who will stay ahead of the curve on design and web trends and best practices.
- Partner with Design Director, Photo Editor and Editors on story development and visual concepts
- Manage page production, pagination and prepare final pages for shipping and ensure layouts meet design and print standards
- Develop, design and build web-only features using CMS tools like Sketch and Adobe XD
- Translate print content to website as needed
- Contribute to the development and strong visual identity of AMH online properties and channels
- Accomplished designer with strong attention to detail and love of type
- Strong concept ideation in a creative environment and advancing the brand in a competitive space
- A sophisticated visual sense
- Digital design experience with knowledge of UX/UI
- In-depth knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch and InVision
- Excellent communication skills and experience talking through editorial ideas in a lively, collaborative environment
- Experience sourcing conceptual illustrations
- Strong organizational skills managing priorities and workflow
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently under pressure handling multiple projects and maintain a calm attitude
About Art Media Holdings:
Founded in 1902, ARTnews, is the oldest art magazine in the world and the world’s leading authority in art journalism. ARTnews reports on the art, personalities, issues, trends and events shaping the international art world. Art in America, founded in 1913, has provided groundbreaking critical insight into contemporary art and culture for many generations. The magazine offers authoritative coverage of the most important developments occurring in art in the United States and around the world. Art Media’s parent company, Penske Media Corporation (PMC), is a leading digital media, publishing, and information Services Company founded in 2003.
PMC is a leading independent global media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a passionate monthly audience of more than 310 million. Since 2004, Penske Media has been a pioneer in digital media and a platform innovator, reaching viewers on all screens across its ever-growing constellation of iconic brands, which includes Deadline, Variety, Rolling Stone, Billboard, The Hollywood Reporter, VIBE, WWD, SHE Media, Robb Report, Sportico, BGR, ARTnews, Art in America, Fairchild Media, and Spy.com, among many others. PMC’s journalists and content creators deliver daily the most comprehensive news and information in their industries and areas of coverage, unequaled in ambition, depth and courage. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 14 countries worldwide, PMC believes companies should not only be profitable but also forces for good. To learn more about PMC, our 2% Foundation, and our portfolio of brands, please visit www.PMC.com.
About Penske Media Corporation
Penske Media Corporation (PMC) is a leading digital media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a monthly audience of more than 260 million a month and reaches users in more than 175 countries as well as a collective 390 million social media followers. The company houses a constellation of globally prominent and legendary brands, including Variety, Rolling Stone, Deadline.com, WWD, Robb Report, SHE Media, BGR, IndieWire, Beauty Inc, Sourcing Journal, TVLine, FN, BlogHer, HollywoodLife, Gold Derby, and SPY. PMC delivers exceptional content to consumers, business leaders and organizations around the world across multiple platforms: digital, mobile, social, print, video, broadcast, and dynamic live events. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 11 countries worldwide, Penske Media is the way global leaders and influencers are informed, connected, and inspired.
Want to learn more about Penske Media Corporation? Visit Penske Media Corporation's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands