SHE Media: Commerce Writer
Penske Media Corporation, New York, NY USA
Content is the cornerstone to all we do, and our audience is why we do it.
Salary: Base + Benefits + 401-k
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
SHE Media: Commerce Writer
SHE Media produces premium content that informs and inspires the world. The SHE Media community is comprised of creators who use their voices to connect, inspire and build bridges. Through our flagship editorial sites and our proprietary
SHE Media Network of creators and publishers, we create digital and live media content that matters.
The Commerce Writer will be a key member of SheKnows’ editorial team, working closely with the Commerce Editor to craft shoppable stories across all verticals and help manage the site’s e-commerce efforts. The ideal candidate will have experience creating product-driven content for women (specifically moms), as well as experience in digital publishing, including SEO best practices and how to package content for multiple distribution platforms. Success in this role requires an impeccable knowledge of products/retailers across a wide array of categories, and a demonstrated understanding of how to drive affiliate revenue while adhering to SheKnows’ voice, taste level and visual aesthetic.
- Write approx. 5-7 shoppable stories/product roundups per day in the parenting, food and lifestyle/home décor categories that drive traffic and conversions
- Improve shopping content performance by reviewing key metrics related to traffic, orders, gross sales and net commission
- Help execute the affiliate and e-commerce strategy for the site, including managing efforts for the Amazon OnSites Program or other similar vendor programs as needed
- Proactively integrate affiliate links across relevant SheKnows editorial content
- Work with fellow staff editors to develop and execute e-commerce concepts that keep the SheKnows brand and readers top-of-mind
- Liaise with in-house designer to conceptualize original artwork and product collages
- Meet with brands and represent SheKnows at events when appropriate
- Update and optimize existing top-performing content, and write shopping news stories as needed
- 2–4 years of professional writing experience, with at least one year working on e-commerce stories
- A demonstrated understanding of the modern woman's shopping space, including trends and brands across beauty, parenting, food and lifestyle
- Exceptional skills in writing and packaging content through an inclusive, body positive, pro-woman lens
- Well-versed in digital and affiliate strategy, analytics and SEO best practice
About SHE Media
As a top 10 lifestyle media network reaching over 80M monthly visitors, SHE Media focuses on the power of content to move our culture forward through the celebration of passion and purpose.
We believe that media companies can and should be a force for good in the world. Ranging from food and family to health, career and entertainment, our rich collection of content is curated from thousands of diverse sources. Comprised of a community of creators and hand-picked publishers within the SHE Media Partner Network and the flagship brands, SheKnows, BlogHer, STYLECASTER and Soaps, we produce digital and live media content that connects and inspires millions.
SHE Media’s BlogHer is home to the leading content and live media event platform for women entrepreneurs and creators. With a mission to provide economic empowerment to all women, the SHE Media Partner Network represents a community of 5K curated independent publishers and social content creators, providing the foundation for a scalable, sustainable economic model for entrepreneurs and small businesses.
SHE Media is also the creator of innovative platforms that include: SheKnows Hatch, an award-winning video series featuring Gen Z-generated content; and BlogHer's Voices of the Year, honoring powerful, culture-shifting women across industries. Part of Penske Media Corporation (PMC), SHE Media is based in New York, with offices in Los Angeles, and Chicago. Follow SHE Media on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.
Source: ComScore, July 2021
PMC is a leading independent global media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a passionate monthly audience of more than 310 million. Since 2004, Penske Media has been a pioneer in digital media and a platform innovator, reaching viewers on all screens across its ever-growing constellation of iconic brands, which includes Deadline, Variety, Rolling Stone, Billboard, The Hollywood Reporter, VIBE, WWD, SHE Media, Robb Report, Sportico, BGR, ARTnews, Art in America, Fairchild Media, and Spy.com, among many others. PMC’s journalists and content creators deliver daily the most comprehensive news and information in their industries and areas of coverage, unequaled in ambition, depth and courage. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 14 countries worldwide, PMC believes companies should not only be profitable but also forces for good. To learn more about PMC, our 2% Foundation, and our portfolio of brands, please visit www.PMC.com.
About Penske Media Corporation
Penske Media Corporation (PMC) is a leading digital media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a monthly audience of more than 260 million a month and reaches users in more than 175 countries as well as a collective 390 million social media followers. The company houses a constellation of globally prominent and legendary brands, including Variety, Rolling Stone, Deadline.com, WWD, Robb Report, SHE Media, BGR, IndieWire, Beauty Inc, Sourcing Journal, TVLine, FN, BlogHer, HollywoodLife, Gold Derby, and SPY. PMC delivers exceptional content to consumers, business leaders and organizations around the world across multiple platforms: digital, mobile, social, print, video, broadcast, and dynamic live events. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 11 countries worldwide, Penske Media is the way global leaders and influencers are informed, connected, and inspired.
Want to learn more about Penske Media Corporation? Visit Penske Media Corporation's website.
Create the extraordinary.