Deadline: Social Media Coordinator
Penske Media Corporation, Los Angeles, CA USA
Content is the cornerstone to all we do, and our audience is why we do it.
Salary: Base + Benefits + 401-k
Level: Entry Level
Deadline: Social Media Coordinator
Deadline is seeking a smart, dynamic and innovative social media coordinator. The ideal candidate will have at least one-to-two years’ experience managing social media strategy and have a keen knowledge of the current pop culture/entertainment news landscape.
- Responsible for leveraging and promoting Deadline’s articles and videos across social media platforms, including Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter and TikTok
- Collaborate with editors to optimize editorial content for social media, monitor social trends, and make real-time editorial recommendations to grow and engage users and drive traffic
- Analyze, interpret and report on social data and insights
- Work with the sales department and digital planners to execute social media advertising campaigns
- Expand Deadline’s distribution strategy to new and emerging social media platforms to drive traffic
- Monitor news feeds and social media for breaking news
- Assist other PMC brands Gold Derby and Dirt on social-related tasks when necessary
- Experience with major social platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and TikTok
- Exceptional communication and collaboration skills; adept at balancing department needs that are both creative and technical
- Ability to work self-sufficiently and be proactive; detail & deadline oriented
- Excellent copy-writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Ability to identify time sensitive news and trends
- Minimum 1-2 years of managing social media strategy
- Flexibility with work hours that will likely involve time outside the 9-to-5 weekday hours; off-shift work required occasionally in urgent news situations
It’s all About You…
At PMC, your wellness is top of mind. We offer a comprehensive benefits package to nurture you and your loved ones, including pets! Our package includes Healthcare (medical, dental, and vision) HSA with an employer contribution, FSA (Healthcare, Dependent Care & Commuter), EAP, Life Insurance, 401K with an employer match, Paid Parental Leave, Long-term Disability, generous Paid Time off (PTO), Pet Insurance, and Home & Auto insurance. Our Wellness initiatives rotate yoga, meditation, wellness weeks on a variety of topics, and financial wellness. We continuously elevate our offerings with more, for you.
Deadline.com is the premiere news source covering the business of entertainment, including movies, television, online, digital and related areas. Deadline was founded by veteran journalist Nikki Finke in 2006. Since then, the site has grown to feature a number of additional prominent and experienced entertainment editors from around the world. Find us on social media: @DEADLINE
PMC is a leading independent global media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a passionate monthly audience of more than 310 million. Since 2004, Penske Media has been a pioneer in digital media and a platform innovator, reaching viewers on all screens across its ever-growing constellation of iconic brands, which includes Deadline, Variety, Rolling Stone, Billboard, The Hollywood Reporter, VIBE, WWD, SHE Media, Robb Report, Sportico, BGR, ARTnews, Art in America, Fairchild Media, and Spy.com, among many others. PMC’s journalists and content creators deliver daily the most comprehensive news and information in their industries and areas of coverage, unequaled in ambition, depth and courage. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 14 countries worldwide, PMC believes companies should not only be profitable but also forces for good. To learn more about PMC, our 2% Foundation, and our portfolio of brands, please visit www.PMC.com.
About Penske Media Corporation
Penske Media Corporation (PMC) is a leading digital media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a monthly audience of more than 260 million a month and reaches users in more than 175 countries as well as a collective 390 million social media followers. The company houses a constellation of globally prominent and legendary brands, including Variety, Rolling Stone, Deadline.com, WWD, Robb Report, SHE Media, BGR, IndieWire, Beauty Inc, Sourcing Journal, TVLine, FN, BlogHer, HollywoodLife, Gold Derby, and SPY. PMC delivers exceptional content to consumers, business leaders and organizations around the world across multiple platforms: digital, mobile, social, print, video, broadcast, and dynamic live events. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 11 countries worldwide, Penske Media is the way global leaders and influencers are informed, connected, and inspired.
Want to learn more about Penske Media Corporation? Visit Penske Media Corporation's website.
Create the extraordinary.
Creative Jobs For You
Software Engineer, Test Automation - Playback Services, Peacock
NBCUniversal, LLC, See List Below, Multiple Locations