Rolling Stone: Senior Manager, Events
Penske Media Corporation, New York, NY USA
Content is the cornerstone to all we do, and our audience is why we do it.
Salary: Base + Benefits + 401-k
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Rolling Stone: Senior Manager, Events
Rolling Stone is looking for a Sr Manager: Events. This role will be responsible for organizing and producing signature events for Rolling Stone as well as events surrounding key consumer and industry cultural moments for the brand. This position will work to develop the overall event experience, production budgets and handle logistics from start to finish for each event across the experiential team’s calendar.
In this role you must be resourceful, a creative thinker, and an experienced event marketing professional. You must have strong hands-on experience planning and executing events in a variety of formats including consumer facing, industry summits and forums and private sponsored events.
The position requires superior organization, negotiation, writing and communication skills, as well as being able to manage resources and budgets effectively and creatively. This position reports to the Sr Director, Events
- Budget creation, submission and reconciliation with Finance teams
- Set, communicate and maintain timelines and priorities on event programs
- Consistently research new venues, event trends and event vendors; build upon arsenal of valuable event vendors and contacts as resources
- Liaise with design team to create and implement all look and feel; coordinate all on-site event design elements
- Liaise with PR, Sponsor and Attendee teams to handle invitation correspondence and registration.
- Assist in development of branded sponsor integrations from concept to execution
- Manage cross-functional communication with internal stakeholders from edit, sales, marketing, photo/video, finance, and legal.
- Manage event Run-of-Show and staff communication
- Provide post event analysis, budget recaps, internal and client feedback and incorporate learning into future event plans
- 5+ years relevant experience in Event Production
- Skilled in project management
- Ability to manage a team and juggle multiple requests in a fast-moving environment.
- Knowledge of KPIs and marketing techniques for event management
- Outstanding communication and negotiation ability
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to problem solve
- Customer service orientation
- BA in PR, Marketing, Hospitality management or related field is preferred
- Agency experience is desirable
It’s all About You…
At PMC, your wellness is top of mind. We offer a comprehensive benefits package to nurture you and your loved ones, including pets! Our package includes Healthcare (medical, dental, and vision) HSA with an employer contribution, FSA (Healthcare, Dependent Care & Commuter), EAP, Life Insurance, 401K with an employer match, Paid Parental Leave, Long-term Disability, generous Paid Time off (PTO), Pet Insurance, and Home & Auto insurance. Our Wellness initiatives rotate yoga, meditation, wellness weeks on a variety of topics, and financial wellness. We continuously elevate our offerings with more, for you.
About Rolling Stone:
Rolling Stone, the number one brand in music publishing, has been the leading voice of music and popular culture for 50 years. The multi-media brand features the latest in music reviews, in-depth interviews, hard-hitting political commentary and award-winning journalism across many platforms including magazine, digital, mobile, social and event marketing. Rolling Stone provides “all the news that fits” to a global audience of approximately 60 million people every month and publishes over 100 pieces of content every day.
PMC is a leading independent global media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a passionate monthly audience of more than 310 million. Since 2004, Penske Media has been a pioneer in digital media and a platform innovator, reaching viewers on all screens across its ever-growing constellation of iconic brands, which includes Deadline, Variety, Rolling Stone, Billboard, The Hollywood Reporter, VIBE, WWD, SHE Media, Robb Report, Sportico, TVLine, BGR, ARTnews, Art in America, Fairchild Media, and Spy.com, among many others. PMC’s journalists and content creators deliver daily the most comprehensive news and information in their industries and areas of coverage, unequaled in ambition, depth and courage. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 14 countries worldwide, PMC believes companies should not only be profitable but also forces for good. To learn more about PMC, our 2% Foundation, and our portfolio of brands please visit www.PMC.com.
About Penske Media Corporation
Penske Media Corporation (PMC) is a leading digital media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a monthly audience of more than 260 million a month and reaches users in more than 175 countries as well as a collective 390 million social media followers. The company houses a constellation of globally prominent and legendary brands, including Variety, Rolling Stone, Deadline.com, WWD, Robb Report, SHE Media, BGR, IndieWire, Beauty Inc, Sourcing Journal, TVLine, FN, BlogHer, HollywoodLife, Gold Derby, and SPY. PMC delivers exceptional content to consumers, business leaders and organizations around the world across multiple platforms: digital, mobile, social, print, video, broadcast, and dynamic live events. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 11 countries worldwide, Penske Media is the way global leaders and influencers are informed, connected, and inspired.
Want to learn more about Penske Media Corporation? Visit Penske Media Corporation's website.
Create the extraordinary.