Rolling Stone: Branded Social Content Manager (Digital & Social)
Penske Media Corporation, New York, NY USA
Content is the cornerstone to all we do, and our audience is why we do it.
Salary: Base + Benefits + 401-k
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Rolling Stone: Branded Social Content Manager (Digital & Social)
Rolling Stone is looking for a Branded Social Content Manager to execute all sponsored campaign coverage across our digital and social platforms. The manager will be responsible for creating and implementing a strategic content plan across each paid digital and experiential campaign from pre-sale ideation to concept delivery.
You will bring the latest insights, trends, and best practices to Rolling Stone as it covers music, entertainment, politics, internet culture, and more. As a member of a highly collaborative team, we seek someone who is highly organized and detail-oriented, with solid communication skills and the ability to work on multiple ongoing projects.
- Draft and publish branded content (written, video and audio) to RS.com/Youtube (past experience with Wordpress, Drupal, Britecove, etc a plus)
- Liaise with Rolling Stone editorial team to ensure all branded posts are representative of RS brand voice.
- Plan and execute against content calendars for socially-driven campaigns
- Pitch social-led campaign concepts in pre-sale ideation
- Draft social copy for promotional posts coming from Rolling Stone or Artist social handles
- Manage content/media distribution on social platforms in collaboration with Account Management
- Manage paid media spends across social platforms for sold campaigns
- Pull and analyze social data related to sponsored campaigns; Analyze social data to identify trends and help inform future campaign strategy as well as build sponsor recap materials.
- Assist in the facilitation of social sweepstakes for sold programs
- Work with branded content team to ideate and book talent for sold programs (Artists, Influencers, etc.)
- Liaise with pre-sale marketing team to brainstorm and socially-led partnerships that support client objectives.
- Cover live events (remote and IRL; there will be times when coverage is needed outside of normal business hours)
- Storyboard event social coverage, including creation of engaging promotional plan to drive awareness for events/support registrations, as well as day of event coverage to weave sponsor attribution into event story in a meaningful and authentic way.
- In partnership with events team, leverage social channels to develop awareness of RS tentpole events throughout the year. The right candidate will be on the lookout for moments and ideas that can be turned into social content that will inform and engage our audience about our event presence.
- 3-5 years of experience managing branded and social campaigns for a brand or publisher.
- Ability to manage a team and juggle multiple requests in a fast-moving environment.
- Attention to detail and an intuitive understanding of how people interact with content on different social and digital platforms.
- Creative writing ability and strong brand marketing acumen
- On-screen, consumer facing interview personality experience is a plus
- Experience with social media management and analytics tools (SocialFlow, Sprout Social, Creator Studio, etc).
- Basic photo/graphic/video editing skills a plus (Adobe Suite).
- Understanding of AP Style and copy writing
- Familiarity with WordPress
- Basic video editing skills (TikTok, Reels)
It’s all About You…
At PMC, your wellness is top of mind. We offer a comprehensive benefits package to nurture you and your loved ones, including pets! Our package includes Healthcare (medical, dental, and vision) HSA with an employer contribution, FSA (Healthcare, Dependent Care & Commuter), EAP, Life Insurance, 401K with an employer match, Paid Parental Leave, Long-term Disability, generous Paid Time off (PTO), Pet Insurance, and Home & Auto insurance. Our Wellness initiatives rotate yoga, meditation, wellness weeks on a variety of topics, and financial wellness. We continuously elevate our offerings with more, for you.
About Rolling Stone:
Rolling Stone, the number one brand in music publishing, has been the leading voice of music and popular culture for 50 years. The multi-media brand features the latest in music reviews, in-depth interviews, hard-hitting political commentary and award-winning journalism across many platforms including magazine, digital, mobile, social and event marketing. Rolling Stone provides “all the news that fits” to a global audience of approximately 60 million people every month and publishes over 100 pieces of content every day.
PMC is a leading independent global media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a passionate monthly audience of more than 310 million. Since 2004, Penske Media has been a pioneer in digital media and a platform innovator, reaching viewers on all screens across its ever-growing constellation of iconic brands, which includes Deadline, Variety, Rolling Stone, Billboard, The Hollywood Reporter, VIBE, WWD, SHE Media, Robb Report, Sportico, TVLine, BGR, ARTnews, Art in America, Fairchild Media, and Spy.com, among many others. PMC’s journalists and content creators deliver daily the most comprehensive news and information in their industries and areas of coverage, unequaled in ambition, depth and courage. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 14 countries worldwide, PMC believes companies should not only be profitable but also forces for good. To learn more about PMC, our 2% Foundation, and our portfolio of brands please visit www.PMC.com.
About Penske Media Corporation
Penske Media Corporation (PMC) is a leading digital media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a monthly audience of more than 260 million a month and reaches users in more than 175 countries as well as a collective 390 million social media followers. The company houses a constellation of globally prominent and legendary brands, including Variety, Rolling Stone, Deadline.com, WWD, Robb Report, SHE Media, BGR, IndieWire, Beauty Inc, Sourcing Journal, TVLine, FN, BlogHer, HollywoodLife, Gold Derby, and SPY. PMC delivers exceptional content to consumers, business leaders and organizations around the world across multiple platforms: digital, mobile, social, print, video, broadcast, and dynamic live events. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 11 countries worldwide, Penske Media is the way global leaders and influencers are informed, connected, and inspired.
Want to learn more about Penske Media Corporation? Visit Penske Media Corporation's website.
Create the extraordinary.
Creative Jobs For You
Senior Manager of Advocacy and Influencer (Content and Engagem...
NBCUniversal, LLC, Universal City, California
Engineering Manager, Video Software Engineering, Direct-Consumer
NBCUniversal, LLC, New York, New York