Sourcing Journal: Staff Writer
Penske Media Corporation, New York, NY USA
Content is the cornerstone to all we do, and our audience is why we do it.
Salary: Base + Benefits + 401-k
Level: Entry Level
Sourcing Journal: Staff Writer
Sourcing Journal, the most comprehensive and authoritative B2B fashion publication geared towards executives working in the apparel, textile and footwear industries is adding to staff in our offices located in either Midtown Manhattan or West Los Angeles. The ideal candidate should have a year of business reporting and writing experience in a newspaper, trade magazine, or real-time news service environment.
Do you love to write? Enjoy researching and interviewing companies around the world? Sourcing Journal is a rapidly growing publication with more than 70k readers, sales have increased 300% in the past 24 months and the Sourcing Journal team has grown 20% in the last 6 months.
Our readers rely on Sourcing Journal to navigate every aspect of the dynamic and complex apparel business, including supply chain, raw materials, sustainability, logistics, fulfillment, product development, compliance, retail and technology. With supply chain issues at an all-time high, we are busier than ever covering the global challenges facing the industry.
About the Job:
Sourcing Journal seeks a Staff Writer whose interest includes fashion, retail and technology—and the service providers that support the industry. The reporter will be responsible for writing news stories, profile pieces and advertorials as well as content related to webinars, podcasts and presentations.
- Research, report, write and edit content for our newsletter and website
- Partners with editorial director to identity various industry trends for the purpose of creating business insights via special sections, reports and white papers
- Research and analyze public and private companies in the fashion apparel, retail, beauty, accessories and luxury markets as well as service providers to these businesses
- Develop sources in these industries, and report daily on their activities in the market
- Conduct interviews with industry executives and experts
- Attend business conferences, special events, forums, summits, news conferences and other events to report on activities and develop industry sources
- Interest in the retail industry, technology, sustainability and consumer behavior, and how it impacts the market
- Strong editorial judgment; ability to absorb complex ideas and distill them into easily digestible content
- Exceptional organizational skills; ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, manage complex processes, and meet both short-term and long-term deadlines
- Ability to work independently in a low-structure environment and to deal with ambiguity; willingness to proactively seek guidance when appropriate
- Positive attitude and team orientated
- Minimum of 1 year or writing and reporting experience
It’s all About You…
At PMC, your wellness is top of mind. We offer a comprehensive benefits package to nurture you and your loved ones, including pets! Our package includes Healthcare (medical, dental, and vision) HSA with an employer contribution, FSA (Healthcare, Dependent Care & Commuter), EAP, Life Insurance, 401K with an employer match, Paid Parental Leave, Long-term Disability, generous Paid Time off (PTO), Pet Insurance, and Home & Auto insurance. Our Wellness initiatives rotate yoga, meditation, wellness weeks on a variety of topics, and financial wellness. We continuously elevate our offerings with more, for you.
About Sourcing Journal Media:
Sourcing Journal Media, LLC is the largest, most comprehensive and authoritative B2B resource for executives working in the apparel, textile and footwear industries. We produce publications and events under the Sourcing Journal and Rivet brands, empowering industry leaders with essential news, expert commentary and in-depth analysis to navigate every aspect of their business.
PMC is a leading independent global media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a passionate monthly audience of more than 310 million. Since 2004, Penske Media has been a pioneer in digital media and a platform innovator, reaching viewers on all screens across its ever-growing constellation of iconic brands, which includes Deadline, Variety, Rolling Stone, Billboard, The Hollywood Reporter, VIBE, WWD, SHE Media, Robb Report, Sportico, TVLine, BGR, ARTnews, Art in America, Fairchild Media, and Spy.com, among many others. PMC’s journalists and content creators deliver daily the most comprehensive news and information in their industries and areas of coverage, unequaled in ambition, depth and courage. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 14 countries worldwide, PMC believes companies should not only be profitable but also forces for good. To learn more about PMC, our 2% Foundation, and our portfolio of brands, please visit www.PMC.com.
About Penske Media Corporation
Penske Media Corporation (PMC) is a leading digital media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a monthly audience of more than 260 million a month and reaches users in more than 175 countries as well as a collective 390 million social media followers. The company houses a constellation of globally prominent and legendary brands, including Variety, Rolling Stone, Deadline.com, WWD, Robb Report, SHE Media, BGR, IndieWire, Beauty Inc, Sourcing Journal, TVLine, FN, BlogHer, HollywoodLife, Gold Derby, and SPY. PMC delivers exceptional content to consumers, business leaders and organizations around the world across multiple platforms: digital, mobile, social, print, video, broadcast, and dynamic live events. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 11 countries worldwide, Penske Media is the way global leaders and influencers are informed, connected, and inspired.
Want to learn more about Penske Media Corporation? Visit Penske Media Corporation's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands