SheKnows: Graphic Designer
Penske Media Corporation, New York, NY USA
Content is the cornerstone to all we do, and our audience is why we do it.
Salary: Base + Benefits + 401-k
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
SheKnows: Graphic Designer
SheKnows.com is hiring a graphic designer to join our New York-based editorial team. The ideal candidate should possess a strong understanding of the digital women’s lifestyle space and a proven ability to produce engaging and on-brand visual elements that speak to an audience of women and moms over 30, as well as be a creative thinker and a team player who can gracefully juggle multiple projects and deadlines.
Reporting to the Editor in Chief, the graphic designer will own and oversee the visual aesthetic of SheKnows, creating visual assets across our core categories (including entertainment, parenting, health, food and living) as well as leading the creative direction of all SheKnows digital issues and events.
- Oversee the design & general aesthetic of the SheKnows brand & ensure all images/graphic elements are in compliance
- Create designed Feature Images for all SheKnows feature stories, working with vertical editors, using stock imagery as well as creating custom illustrations
- Design digital destinations, maintaining the SheKnows brand aesthetic, using programs like Ceros
- Oversee the design & general aesthetic of all SheKnows events including event assets as well as marketing collateral
- Work with Branded Content team on images/graphics/social assets for branded content campaigns as necessary
- Create title cards and general design elements for videos
- Create graphic templates & assets for SheKnows social platforms as necessary
- Design tentpole banners and newsletter/email blasts with light HTML inputs
- At least 5 years of experience at a major digital media company
- A deep understanding of the women’s entertainment and lifestyle space
- A strong eye for visuals
- A generalist sensibility and proven experience producing quality content across a variety of subjects
- A proven ability to perform under high-pressure conditions
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Suite programs, primarily Adobe Photoshop, Indesign, and Illustrator
- Experience with Ceros or Figma
- Experience illustrating
It’s all About You…
At PMC, your wellness is top of mind. We offer a comprehensive benefits package to nurture you and your loved ones, including pets! Our package includes Healthcare (medical, dental, and vision) HSA with an employer contribution, FSA (Healthcare, Dependent Care & Commuter), EAP, Life Insurance, 401K with an employer match, Paid Parental Leave, Long-term Disability, generous Paid Time off (PTO), Pet Insurance, and Home & Auto insurance. Our Wellness initiatives rotate yoga, meditation, wellness weeks on a variety of topics, and financial wellness. We continuously elevate our offerings with more, for you.
About SHE Media
SHE Media (formerly SheKnows Media) is a mission-driven digital media company created for and by women with approximately 60 million unique visitors per month (comScore) and 350 million-plus social media fans and followers. Our mission is to validate women’s voices and leadership as a unifying force for global good. The SHE Media Partner Network is the leading source for thousands of content creators, offering a diverse portfolio of monetization opportunities and educational materials to help them turn their passions into profit. SHE Media encompasses a family of leading media properties alongside our flagship sites: SheKnows.com, STYLECASTER, and #BlogHer, which hosts the world’s leading events for female content creators and entrepreneurs. SHE Media is also the creator of innovative platforms that include: The #Femvertising Awards, which honors the best pro-female advertising each year; Hatch, a resource for parents featuring kid-generated content; The Pitch, a live event series for women entrepreneurs; and The Voices of the Year, which celebrates the best in lifestyle content creation and pro-human activism.
PMC is a leading independent global media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a passionate monthly audience of more than 310 million. Since 2004, Penske Media has been a pioneer in digital media and a platform innovator, reaching viewers on all screens across its ever-growing constellation of iconic brands, which includes Deadline, Variety, Rolling Stone, Billboard, The Hollywood Reporter, VIBE, WWD, SHE Media, Robb Report, Sportico, BGR, ARTnews, Art in America, Fairchild Media, and Spy.com, among many others. PMC’s journalists and content creators deliver daily the most comprehensive news and information in their industries and areas of coverage, unequaled in ambition, depth and courage. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 14 countries worldwide, PMC believes companies should not only be profitable but also forces for good. To learn more about PMC, our 2% Foundation, and our portfolio of brands, please visit www.PMC.com.
About Penske Media Corporation
Penske Media Corporation (PMC) is a leading digital media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a monthly audience of more than 260 million a month and reaches users in more than 175 countries as well as a collective 390 million social media followers. The company houses a constellation of globally prominent and legendary brands, including Variety, Rolling Stone, Deadline.com, WWD, Robb Report, SHE Media, BGR, IndieWire, Beauty Inc, Sourcing Journal, TVLine, FN, BlogHer, HollywoodLife, Gold Derby, and SPY. PMC delivers exceptional content to consumers, business leaders and organizations around the world across multiple platforms: digital, mobile, social, print, video, broadcast, and dynamic live events. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 11 countries worldwide, Penske Media is the way global leaders and influencers are informed, connected, and inspired.
Want to learn more about Penske Media Corporation? Visit Penske Media Corporation's website.
Create the extraordinary.