Senior Director, Business Development
Penske Media Corporation, New York, NY USA
Content is the cornerstone to all we do, and our audience is why we do it.
Salary: Base + Benefits + 401-k
Senior Director, Business Development
Penske Media Corporation, whose award-winning content across more than 23 media brands attracts a passionate monthly audience of more than 310 million, is looking for a talented and results-oriented Director/Senior Director, Business Development to join our Corporate Business Development team in NY or LA.
This role will report into the SVP, Business Development and will proactively identify and execute new content licensing, social platform, and e-commerce deals and work collaboratively with internal/external stakeholders to ensure successful outcomes.
- Source, structure, negotiate and execute new licensing, distribution, social platform, and e-commerce deals that drive incremental revenue and/or traffic across the PMC portfolio of brands
- Own independent deal pipeline and provide regular updates to SVP, Business Development and key exec stakeholders
- Support existing strategic revenue partnerships across PMC’s major partner platforms in areas including but not limited to content syndication, video distribution, e-commerce, and social
- Analyze partner performance, maximize partner revenue generation, and ensure sustainable high-impact results
- Devise and test new revenue models with the aim of further diversifying revenue streams; will also keep a pulse on the changing media industry and feed knowledge back to PMC exec team
- 6-8 years' minimum experience in digital media business development or a similar role preferably at a Media/Entertainment company, social platform or start-up
- Ability to expertly review/redline contracts and work autonomously with Legal to get deals across the finish line
- Deep understanding and comfort with industry revenue models including but not limited to syndication, licensing, e-commerce, social platforms, and more
- Demonstrated success in developing new revenue streams via creative deal-making and partnerships
- Strong organizational, time management, and prioritization skills with high attention to detail
- A strong communicator with a can-do, positive attitude and a strong desire to get things done
- Adept at managing multiple projects in a fast-paced and dynamic working environment
PMC is a leading independent global media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a passionate monthly audience of more than 310 million. Since 2004, Penske Media has been a pioneer in digital media and a platform innovator, reaching viewers on all screens across its ever-growing constellation of iconic brands, which includes Variety, The Hollywood Reporter, Rolling Stone, Billboard, WWD, SHE Media, Robb Report, Deadline, Sportico, Vibe, BGR, ARTnews, Fairchild Media, and Spy.com, among many others. PMC’s journalists and content creators deliver daily the most comprehensive news and information in their industries and areas of coverage, unequaled in ambition, depth and courage. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 14 countries worldwide, PMC believes companies should not only be profitable but also forces for good. To learn more about PMC, our 2% Foundation and its iconic brands, please visit www.pmc.com.
About Penske Media Corporation
Penske Media Corporation (PMC) is a leading digital media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a monthly audience of more than 260 million a month and reaches users in more than 175 countries as well as a collective 390 million social media followers. The company houses a constellation of globally prominent and legendary brands, including Variety, Rolling Stone, Deadline.com, WWD, Robb Report, SHE Media, BGR, IndieWire, Beauty Inc, Sourcing Journal, TVLine, FN, BlogHer, HollywoodLife, Gold Derby, and SPY. PMC delivers exceptional content to consumers, business leaders and organizations around the world across multiple platforms: digital, mobile, social, print, video, broadcast, and dynamic live events. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 11 countries worldwide, Penske Media is the way global leaders and influencers are informed, connected, and inspired.
Want to learn more about Penske Media Corporation? Visit Penske Media Corporation's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands