Rolling Stone: Production Coordinator
Penske Media Corporation, New York, NY USA
Content is the cornerstone to all we do, and our audience is why we do it.
Salary: Base + Benefits + 401-k
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Rolling Stone: Production Coordinator
Rolling Stone, the leading voice of popular culture for more than 50 years, is looking for a production coordinator to aid our award-winning Art Department into the next 50 years.
Join our fun, fast-paced, talented, art department as a production coordinator, to manage the production process for the print edition of the magazine, support our digital operation, and coordinate with some of our most important outside partners. Reporting to the creative director, the ideal candidate is organized, detail oriented, cares about quality control, and enjoys working in a team environment.
- Manage the closing process by ensuring pages are reviewed, approved, tracked and organized. Assist in making corrections on layouts during closing to ensure highest quality design. Creating final PDFs for delivery to press.
- Flowing text into InDesign layouts and starting workflow in our K4 publishing system. Communicating word counts in layouts to editors.
- Coordinating and tracking the flow of high-resolution images to our imaging specialist and adding production notes for color correction.
- Packaging all layouts and images for delivery to our various partners including Apple News +, international editions, etc.
- Manage production of special interest publication reprints including working with freelance designers.
- Create social, website and marketing assets from templates created by the art department.
- 1-5 years of experience in print magazine production
- A proven track record of quality control on deadline
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, InCopy, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Experience with PDF formatting; experience with K4 publishing system is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to multitask under pressure and shift priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to effectively interact at all levels of the organization
It’s all About You…
At PMC, your wellness is top of mind. We offer a comprehensive benefits package to nurture you and your loved ones, including pets! Our package includes Healthcare (medical, dental, and vision) HSA with an employer contribution, FSA (Healthcare, Dependent Care & Commuter), EAP, Life Insurance, 401K with an employer match, Paid Parental Leave, Long-term Disability, generous Paid Time off (PTO), Pet Insurance, and Home & Auto insurance. Our Wellness initiatives rotate yoga, meditation, wellness weeks on a variety of topics, and financial wellness. We continuously elevate our offerings with more, for you.
About Rolling Stone:
Rolling Stone, the number one brand in music publishing, has been the leading voice of music and popular culture for 50 years. The multi-media brand features the latest in music reviews, in-depth interviews, hard-hitting political commentary and award-winning journalism across many platforms including magazine, digital, mobile, social and event marketing. Rolling Stone provides “all the news that fits” to a global audience of approximately 60 million people every month and publishes over 100 pieces of content every day.
PMC is a leading independent global media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a passionate monthly audience of more than 310 million. Since 2004, Penske Media has been a pioneer in digital media and a platform innovator, reaching viewers on all screens across its ever-growing constellation of iconic brands, which includes Deadline, Variety, Rolling Stone, Billboard, The Hollywood Reporter, VIBE, WWD, SHE Media, Robb Report, Sportico, TVLine, BGR, ARTnews, Art in America, Fairchild Media, and Spy.com, among many others. PMC’s journalists and content creators deliver daily the most comprehensive news and information in their industries and areas of coverage, unequaled in ambition, depth and courage. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 14 countries worldwide, PMC believes companies should not only be profitable but also forces for good. To learn more about PMC, our 2% Foundation, and our portfolio of brands, please visit www.pmc.com.
About Penske Media Corporation
Penske Media Corporation (PMC) is a leading digital media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a monthly audience of more than 260 million a month and reaches users in more than 175 countries as well as a collective 390 million social media followers. The company houses a constellation of globally prominent and legendary brands, including Variety, Rolling Stone, Deadline.com, WWD, Robb Report, SHE Media, BGR, IndieWire, Beauty Inc, Sourcing Journal, TVLine, FN, BlogHer, HollywoodLife, Gold Derby, and SPY. PMC delivers exceptional content to consumers, business leaders and organizations around the world across multiple platforms: digital, mobile, social, print, video, broadcast, and dynamic live events. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 11 countries worldwide, Penske Media is the way global leaders and influencers are informed, connected, and inspired.
Want to learn more about Penske Media Corporation? Visit Penske Media Corporation's website.
Create the extraordinary.