DEADLINE HOLLYWOOD: DESIGNER (Print + Digital)
Penske Media Corporation, Los Angeles, CA USA
Content is the cornerstone to all we do, and our audience is why we do it.
Salary: Base + Benefits + 401-k
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
DEADLINE HOLLYWOOD: DESIGNER (Print + Digital)
Deadline Hollywood is seeking a multi-talented Designer to work on a variety of exciting entertainment projects throughout the year; including editorial, social, marketing, video and events. Awards season coverage (Oscars and Emmys) is vital to our mission; and the Designer will work with stunning original photography featuring top talent from film and television to design our award-winning print magazine. Additionally, the designer will flex their creative muscles as they produce marketing pitches for our sales and marketing teams; as well as other digital, social, video and event projects. Ideally this person will be a multi-talented designer who has previous magazine design experience!
- Work on various editorial, social, event, video and marketing projects in a fast-paced environment on numerous platforms including print, digital, social, video, and live/virtual events
- Projects will include designing and producing Deadline's award-winning print magazine, AwardsLine, during Oscar and Emmy seasons; as well as other digital, social, video and event projects
- Strong photo editing skills
- Other various projects include: production, print ads, digital ads, event signage & materials, invitations, media kits, sales/marketing decks & one-sheets, event micro-sites, and more
- 5 years of editorial design experience for a print magazine
- Excellent type and design sensibilities
- Expert use of Adobe Creative Suite, including InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat and Microsoft Office
- Strong knowledge of print production processes and procedures
- Team player who will collaborate with the Creative Director and editorial team
- Must have solid organizational skills and the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge and interest in the entertainment industry, film and television a big plus
- Additional design experience in marketing, online/digital, social, video and events is ideal
- Knowledge of the SplashThat events platform is a plus!
It’s all About You…
At PMC, your wellness is top of mind. We offer a comprehensive benefits package to nurture you and your loved ones, including pets! Our package includes Healthcare (medical, dental, and vision) HSA with an employer contribution, FSA (Healthcare, Dependent Care & Commuter), EAP, Life Insurance, 401K with an employer match, Paid Parental Leave, Long-term Disability, generous Paid Time off (PTO), Pet Insurance, and Home & Auto insurance. Our Wellness initiatives rotate yoga, meditation, wellness weeks on a variety of topics, and financial wellness. We continuously elevate our offerings with more, for you.
Deadline Hollywood is an authoritative source for breaking news in the entertainment industry, regularly included on lists of top entertainment websites. Influential industry thought leaders and key decision-makers in the entertainment, financial and other business fields track Deadline.com for the latest news multiple times a day. Due to its avid audience, Deadline.com’s postings regularly receive more reader comments than all entertainment industry news sites combined. Deadline’s parent company, Penske Media Corporation (PMC), is a leading digital media company, publishing, and information Services Company founded in 2003.
PMC is a leading independent global media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a passionate monthly audience of more than 310 million. Since 2004, Penske Media has been a pioneer in digital media and a platform innovator, reaching viewers on all screens across its ever-growing constellation of iconic brands, which includes Deadline, Variety, Rolling Stone, Billboard, The Hollywood Reporter, VIBE, WWD, SHE Media, Robb Report, Sportico, BGR, ARTnews, Art in America, Fairchild Media, and Spy.com, among many others. PMC’s journalists and content creators deliver daily the most comprehensive news and information in their industries and areas of coverage, unequaled in ambition, depth and courage. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 14 countries worldwide, PMC believes companies should not only be profitable but also forces for good. To learn more about PMC, our 2% Foundation, and our portfolio of brands, please visit www.PMC.com.
About Penske Media Corporation
Penske Media Corporation (PMC) is a leading digital media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a monthly audience of more than 260 million a month and reaches users in more than 175 countries as well as a collective 390 million social media followers. The company houses a constellation of globally prominent and legendary brands, including Variety, Rolling Stone, Deadline.com, WWD, Robb Report, SHE Media, BGR, IndieWire, Beauty Inc, Sourcing Journal, TVLine, FN, BlogHer, HollywoodLife, Gold Derby, and SPY. PMC delivers exceptional content to consumers, business leaders and organizations around the world across multiple platforms: digital, mobile, social, print, video, broadcast, and dynamic live events. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 11 countries worldwide, Penske Media is the way global leaders and influencers are informed, connected, and inspired.
Want to learn more about Penske Media Corporation? Visit Penske Media Corporation's website.
We give readers what they want, before they want it.