IndieWire: Managing Editor, Craft & Special Projects
Penske Media Corporation, New York, NY USA
Content is the cornerstone to all we do, and our audience is why we do it.
Salary: Base + Benefits + 401-k
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
IndieWire: Managing Editor, Craft & Special Projects
IndieWire is hiring a Managing Editor for our Craft & Special Projects vertical who will play a key role in the expansion of IndieWire’s filmmaking coverage and help guide IndieWire’s rapidly expanding feature franchises.
Reporting to the Executive Editor, Craft & Special Projects, and based in either NYC or LA, the Managing Editor, Craft & Special Projects will oversee daily coverage of craft and animation, and long-lead franchise profiles of top creators, and filmmakers in the film and TV world. Our ideal candidate is an experienced editor with a desire to work closely with writers, a deep knowledge and appreciation of film and TV creators, and strong managerial skills.
Please include cover letter along with resume with applying.
- Oversee day-to day and long-lead production and management for Craft coverage and editorial franchises (i.e. digital magazine IndieWire Influencers) including copy editing, scheduling/calendar management, and deadlines
- Work closely with writers on from initial brainstorming of story angles to publishing of final draft.
- Develop and implement an editorial strategy for our growing craft and animation coverage
- Identify, hire, and edit freelance writers for daily and franchise coverage
- Collaborate with internal teams to develop the editorial strategy and execution (lineups, profiles, etc.) behind our Digital Magazine franchises like IndieWire Influencers.
- Collaborate with internal teams (i.e. SEO, social, etc.) to ensure content adheres to best practices and optimized performance
- Represent editorial voice with product and marketing teams for special projects
- Photo Acquisition, layout design, and editing
- Experience with magazine-style features and executions – photo layout, hubs, etc.
- Expertise in content areas such as Animation or specific crafts (i.e. Sound)
- 5-7 years working in the media landscape
- 2-3 years of in a senior managerial role
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Deep knowledge of top Film & TV creators
- Track record of managing a strong pool of freelancers
- Experience working with SEO and Social media teams
- Proven ability to execute high-end projects
It’s all About You…
At PMC, your wellness is top of mind. We offer a comprehensive benefits package to nurture you and your loved ones, including pets! Our package includes Healthcare (medical, dental, and vision) HSA with an employer contribution, FSA (Healthcare, Dependent Care & Commuter), EAP, Life Insurance, 401K with an employer match, Paid Parental Leave, Long-term Disability, generous Paid Time off (PTO), Pet Insurance, and Home & Auto insurance. Our Wellness initiatives rotate yoga, meditation, wellness weeks on a variety of topics, and financial wellness. We continuously elevate our offerings with more, for you.
For over 25 years, IndieWire has been covering the business and art of entertainment. With the respect of film and TV creators, executives, and passionate fans alike, IndieWire is known for being ahead of the curve with a unique editorial voice that combines in-depth industry reporting and analysis, breaking news, and its best-in-class Oscars, Emmys, and crafts coverage. IndieWire began in July 1996 as an online chat room and evolved to become one of the earliest online entertainment news outlets. As IndieWire grew, its coverage expanded beyond film festivals and the independent film industry to include all aspects of Hollywood and the expanding universes of TV and streaming and has continued to do so since being acquired by Penske Media Corp. in 2016.
PMC is a leading independent global media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a passionate monthly audience of more than 310 million. Since 2004, Penske Media has been a pioneer in digital media and a platform innovator, reaching viewers on all screens across its ever-growing constellation of iconic brands, which includes Deadline, Variety, Rolling Stone, Billboard, The Hollywood Reporter, VIBE, WWD, SHE Media, Robb Report, Sportico, TVLine, BGR, ARTnews, Art in America, Fairchild Media, and Spy.com, among many others. PMC’s journalists and content creators deliver daily the most comprehensive news and information in their industries and areas of coverage, unequaled in ambition, depth and courage. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 14 countries worldwide, PMC believes companies should not only be profitable but also forces for good. To learn more about PMC, our 2% Foundation, and our portfolio of brands, please visit www.pmc.com.
About Penske Media Corporation
Penske Media Corporation (PMC) is a leading digital media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a monthly audience of more than 260 million a month and reaches users in more than 175 countries as well as a collective 390 million social media followers. The company houses a constellation of globally prominent and legendary brands, including Variety, Rolling Stone, Deadline.com, WWD, Robb Report, SHE Media, BGR, IndieWire, Beauty Inc, Sourcing Journal, TVLine, FN, BlogHer, HollywoodLife, Gold Derby, and SPY. PMC delivers exceptional content to consumers, business leaders and organizations around the world across multiple platforms: digital, mobile, social, print, video, broadcast, and dynamic live events. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 11 countries worldwide, Penske Media is the way global leaders and influencers are informed, connected, and inspired.
Want to learn more about Penske Media Corporation? Visit Penske Media Corporation's website.
Create the extraordinary.