Penske Media Corporation, New York, NY USA
Content is the cornerstone to all we do, and our audience is why we do it.
Salary: Base + Benefits + 401-k
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Penske Media Corporation (PMC) is a leading digital media and information services company, operating iconic media brands such as Rolling Stone, Variety, Billboard, WWD, Robb Report, IndieWire and many more. We are seeking a Graphic Designer to join the Audience Marketing team, which is responsible for subscription sales across the PMC portfolio. In this role, you will have the opportunity to produce marketing creative for leading media brands and publications.
The appropriate candidate will be motivated first and foremost by excellence in craft, with a passion for design and an internal drive to deliver best-in-class creative.
Responsibilities will include:
- Designing subscription marketing creative for all marketing channels, including display, social media and email
- Collaborating with marketers to develop concepts for campaigns outlined in creative briefs
- Selecting photos for creatives from PMC editorial archives and securing usage clearances from the in-house licensing team
- Delivering creative in the appropriate formats for each marketing channel, and meeting deadlines set forth by marketing calendars for each brand
- Learning how to use design features in platforms within the Audience Marketing tech stack, and sometimes executing creatives directly within the platforms (e.g. drag & drop landing page builders)
- Collaborating with marketers to understand performance data, and progressively optimizing creative from a subscription sales perspective
Qualifications and technical requirements:
- 3-5 years' experience in graphic design for digital use, preferably in a digital marketing / ecommerce environment
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, with particular expertise in Photoshop and InDesign
- Proficiency in Sketch and InVision
- Ability to create animated designs, e.g. gif display banners and animated social media ads
- An understanding of web UX / UI
- Strong typographic expertise
- A keen eye for photography and overall design
- An understanding of branding and an ability to work with each publication’s design team to develop a consistent, clear brand voice and visual vocabulary for subscription assets
- Basic video editing skills to create video ads from existing editorial footage using programs such as Premiere Pro, After Effects or Final Cut Pro will be highly regarded
- Basic coding knowledge, HTML/CSS/JS (to assist with creative execution in certain platforms) will be highly regarded
- Ability to create custom animations, motion graphics, illustrations, etc will be highly regarded
It’s all About You…
At PMC, your wellness is top of mind. We offer a comprehensive benefits package to nurture you and your loved ones, including pets! Our package includes Healthcare (medical, dental, and vision) HSA with an employer contribution, FSA (Healthcare, Dependent Care & Commuter), EAP, Life Insurance, 401K with an employer match, Paid Parental Leave, Long-term Disability, generous Paid Time off (PTO), Pet Insurance, and Home & Auto insurance. Our Wellness initiatives rotate yoga, meditation, wellness weeks on a variety of topics, and financial wellness. We continuously elevate our offerings with more, for you.
PMC is a leading independent global media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a passionate monthly audience of more than 310 million. Since 2004, Penske Media has been a pioneer in digital media and a platform innovator, reaching viewers on all screens across its ever-growing constellation of iconic brands, which includes Deadline, Variety, Rolling Stone, Billboard, The Hollywood Reporter, VIBE, WWD, SHE Media, Robb Report, Sportico, BGR, ARTnews, Art in America, Fairchild Media, and Spy.com, among many others. PMC’s journalists and content creators deliver daily the most comprehensive news and information in their industries and areas of coverage, unequaled in ambition, depth and courage. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 14 countries worldwide, PMC believes companies should not only be profitable but also forces for good. To learn more about PMC, our 2% Foundation, and our portfolio of brands, please visit www.PMC.com.
About Penske Media Corporation
Penske Media Corporation (PMC) is a leading digital media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a monthly audience of more than 260 million a month and reaches users in more than 175 countries as well as a collective 390 million social media followers. The company houses a constellation of globally prominent and legendary brands, including Variety, Rolling Stone, Deadline.com, WWD, Robb Report, SHE Media, BGR, IndieWire, Beauty Inc, Sourcing Journal, TVLine, FN, BlogHer, HollywoodLife, Gold Derby, and SPY. PMC delivers exceptional content to consumers, business leaders and organizations around the world across multiple platforms: digital, mobile, social, print, video, broadcast, and dynamic live events. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 11 countries worldwide, Penske Media is the way global leaders and influencers are informed, connected, and inspired.
Want to learn more about Penske Media Corporation? Visit Penske Media Corporation's website.
Create the extraordinary.
Creative Jobs For You
DEADLINE HOLLYWOOD: DESIGN PRODUCTION COORDINATOR/CREATIVE ASS...
Penske Media Corporation, Los Angeles, CA USA