PMC: SEO Specialist/E-Commerce
Penske Media Corporation, New York, NY USA
Content is the cornerstone to all we do, and our audience is why we do it.
Salary: Base + Benefits + 401-k
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
PMC: SEO Specialist/E-Commerce
Are you passionate about SEO? Do you dabble in e-commerce content optimization? Are you interested in working at one of the leading digital media companies in the world? Then look no further. PMC is excited to hire an E-commerce SEO Specialist who will be instrumental in growing the search audience to Spy.com, a product curation platform specializing in reviews for the latest gadgets, styles, grooming products and more.
The SEO Specialist will be a key member of a closely-knit SEO team and report to a senior level SEO manager. They will be instrumental in educating Spy.com’s editorial team on SEO best practices, optimizing new and existing content, and driving e-commerce content strategy to stay ahead of competitors. The candidate must be a keyword research pro and be able to think outside the box to come up with content ideas and new product categories to target.
We offer a fun, fast-paced work environment and observe a hybrid work model (with an option to be fully remote for the right candidate). The role will be focused on Spy.com primarily but there’s plenty of opportunity to grow and support other PMC sites as needed.
Day to Day:
- Conduct e-commerce keyword research to inform content strategy
- Identify new product categories for the editorial team to target in order to grow traffic and revenue
- Educate and provide regular feedback and recommendations on headlines, image tags, meta tags, URL structure and related aspects of SEO
- Review existing content and make recommendations for content pruning and re-optimization
- Conduct competitive analysis and inform editorial teams on current market trends
- Provide ongoing reports to editorial leadership related to search traffic, rankings and user acquisition
What You Bring:
- We don’t expect you to be a pro on all things SEO or e-commerce, but we’d love to hear from you if you check some of these boxes.
- Minimum 1-2 years of e-commerce or digital retail related work experience
- Demonstrated results increasing site rankings and search traffic
- Experience with SEO analysis pertaining to keyword trends and performance
- Strong keyword research skills and familiarity with tools like SEMRush, Ahrefs and others
- Familiarity with Wordpress or other content management systems
- Proficiency in Excel and Google sheets
- Self-motivated individual with strong communication and time management skills
- Detail orientated with the ability to multi-task in an ever-changing environment
- Analytically focused with the ability to recommend and implement optimization based on performance data
The Hiring Process:
Your resume will be reviewed within a week of us receiving it. Every round is designed to give you an opportunity to meet members of our team and ask questions. The first interview will be with the VP of SEO and will focus on general SEO and approaches to e-commerce. In the second round, you will meet with other members of the SEO team and will focus on team culture and how you like to work. In the third round, you will meet with the site director for Spy.com and discuss the unique SEO needs for the site.
It’s all About You…
At PMC, your wellness is top of mind. We offer a comprehensive benefits package to nurture you and your loved ones, including pets! Our package includes Healthcare (medical, dental, and vision) HSA with an employer contribution, FSA (Healthcare, Dependent Care & Commuter), EAP, Life Insurance, 401K with an employer match, Paid Parental Leave, Long-term Disability, generous Paid Time off (PTO), Pet Insurance, and Home & Auto insurance. Our Wellness initiatives rotate yoga, meditation, wellness weeks on a variety of topics, and financial wellness. We continuously elevate our offerings with more, for you.
PMC is a leading independent global media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a passionate monthly audience of more than 310 million. Since 2004, Penske Media has been a pioneer in digital media and a platform innovator, reaching viewers on all screens across its ever-growing constellation of iconic brands, which includes Deadline, Variety, Rolling Stone, Billboard, The Hollywood Reporter, VIBE, WWD, SHE Media, Robb Report, Sportico, BGR, ARTnews, Art in America, Fairchild Media, and Spy.com, among many others. PMC’s journalists and content creators deliver daily the most comprehensive news and information in their industries and areas of coverage, unequaled in ambition, depth and courage.
Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 14 countries worldwide, PMC believes companies should not only be profitable but also forces for good. To learn more about PMC, our 2% Foundation, and our portfolio of brands, please visit www.PMC.com
About Penske Media Corporation
Penske Media Corporation (PMC) is a leading digital media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a monthly audience of more than 260 million a month and reaches users in more than 175 countries as well as a collective 390 million social media followers. The company houses a constellation of globally prominent and legendary brands, including Variety, Rolling Stone, Deadline.com, WWD, Robb Report, SHE Media, BGR, IndieWire, Beauty Inc, Sourcing Journal, TVLine, FN, BlogHer, HollywoodLife, Gold Derby, and SPY. PMC delivers exceptional content to consumers, business leaders and organizations around the world across multiple platforms: digital, mobile, social, print, video, broadcast, and dynamic live events. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 11 countries worldwide, Penske Media is the way global leaders and influencers are informed, connected, and inspired.
Want to learn more about Penske Media Corporation? Visit Penske Media Corporation's website.
A world-leading research, educational, and professional publisher.