PMC: Programmatic Sales Manager
Penske Media Corporation, Chicago, IL USA
Content is the cornerstone to all we do, and our audience is why we do it.
Salary: Base + Benefits + 401-k
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
PMC: Programmatic Sales Manager
The Programmatic Sales Manager plays a crucial role in expanding the programmatic digital business of the Direct and Portfolio Sales team by growing revenue with existing clients, as well as identifying new advertising prospects. Additionally, this role works with internal departments as a partner in developing simplified advertising solutions to convert traditional media budgets into programmatic revenue. This role reports to the Senior Director, Programmatic Sales and can be based in Chicago or New York.
- Manage and develop relationships with agencies, trading desks, DSP’s, and advertisers who control programmatic budgets nationally.
- Provide high level of customer service to clients with effective communication, timely responses to requests, and proactive resolutions to potential issues.
- Execute new and maintain existing Private Marketplace and Programmatic Guaranteed deals as well as selling Data, by way of PMC’s Network’s SSP partners.
- Work closely with the direct sales team to capture programmatic revenue that has traditionally come from IO’s.
- Evangelize PMC’s programmatic strategy both internally and externally through topline offerings and best practices, while being an expert on trends across the ad tech eco-system.
- Utilize and study buyer network trends in the open exchange to convert that revenue into PMP/PG deals.
- Use effective communication with sales teams to understand and anticipate customer needs and ensure that advertising solutions meet those needs while setting internal and external expectations.
- Meet and exceed quarterly programmatic revenue goals.
- 3+ years working experience in digital sales, ideally with at least 2+ year focus on programmatic (DSP, DMP, Publisher, Network)
- Extensive experience with online media sales and ad-tech
- Programmatic expertise and knowledge of the holistic ad industry
- Strong rolodex of agency contacts, with influence over programmatic budgets
- Ability to work well with others both internally and externally
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional organizational skills, while paying close attention to detail
- Well versed in digital media and industry trends
- Self-starter who will go the extra mile to help the team achieve programmatic goals
- Must be a team player and key strategist
- Strong understanding of programmatic/ad-tech landscape including DSP’s, ATD’s, SSP’s, DMP’s
It’s all About You…
At PMC, your wellness is top of mind. We offer a comprehensive benefits package to nurture you and your loved ones, including pets! Our package includes Healthcare (medical, dental, and vision) HSA with an employer contribution, FSA (Healthcare, Dependent Care & Commuter), EAP, Life Insurance, 401K with an employer match, Paid Parental Leave, Long-term Disability, generous Paid Time off (PTO), Pet Insurance, and Home & Auto insurance. Our Wellness initiatives rotate yoga, meditation, wellness weeks on a variety of topics, and financial wellness. We continuously elevate our offerings with more, for you.
PMC is a leading independent global media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a passionate monthly audience of more than 310 million. Since 2004, Penske Media has been a pioneer in digital media and a platform innovator, reaching viewers on all screens across its ever-growing constellation of iconic brands, which includes Deadline, Variety, Rolling Stone, Billboard, The Hollywood Reporter, VIBE, WWD, SHE Media, Robb Report, Sportico, TVLine, BGR, ARTnews, Art in America, Fairchild Media, and Spy.com, among many others. PMC’s journalists and content creators deliver daily the most comprehensive news and information in their industries and areas of coverage, unequaled in ambition, depth and courage. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 14 countries worldwide, PMC believes companies should not only be profitable but also forces for good. To learn more about PMC, our 2% Foundation, and our portfolio of brands, please visit www.PMC.com.
About Penske Media Corporation
Penske Media Corporation (PMC) is a leading digital media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a monthly audience of more than 260 million a month and reaches users in more than 175 countries as well as a collective 390 million social media followers. The company houses a constellation of globally prominent and legendary brands, including Variety, Rolling Stone, Deadline.com, WWD, Robb Report, SHE Media, BGR, IndieWire, Beauty Inc, Sourcing Journal, TVLine, FN, BlogHer, HollywoodLife, Gold Derby, and SPY. PMC delivers exceptional content to consumers, business leaders and organizations around the world across multiple platforms: digital, mobile, social, print, video, broadcast, and dynamic live events. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 11 countries worldwide, Penske Media is the way global leaders and influencers are informed, connected, and inspired.
Want to learn more about Penske Media Corporation? Visit Penske Media Corporation's website.
Create the extraordinary.