Sourcing Journal: Media Coordinator
Penske Media Corporation, New York, NY USA
Content is the cornerstone to all we do, and our audience is why we do it.
Salary: Paid Hourly
Level: Entry Level
Sourcing Journal is growing its sales team and is seeking a highly motivated Media Coordinator to join our dynamic and entrepreneurial organization. This candidate will be instrumental in supporting this growing team. They will be responsible for liaising with clients and internal departments to coordinate all areas of media buys and products for the publication.
This position is an excellent opportunity for someone interested in a career path in media sales. Most critical to the role is an eagerness to learn and a willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to take on whatever task will support the success of our team.
You will be trained to:
- Develop strong understanding of Sourcing Journal products so that they can act as a subject matter expert for current and prospective clients about our products and services
- Manage all aspects of the post-sales process including: entering sales proposals (RFP’s) into Salesforce, collecting billing information and ensuring payments are processed
- Own the scheduling (and sometimes rescheduling) of media campaigns and products in project management database
- Assist sales team with in-bound inquiries; research and prospect new clients
- Manage media inventory calendars; provide updates to team on media availability
- Own the archiving of current and future campaigns for record keeping
- Create sales presentations and reporting as needed by sales team
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to be able to work with multiple departments, all levels of the business and external individuals
- Strong writing and editing skills
- A professional and articulate phone manner
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills; ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and meet both short-term and long-term deadlines
- Excellent in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Scrappy, tenacious and creative; ability to troubleshoot independently and work in a low-structure environment
- Proactively seeks guidance when appropriate; open to feedback
- Positive attitude and team orientated
- 0-2 years of experience; prior experience in a corporate setting is a plus
About Sourcing Journal Media:
Sourcing Journal Media, LLC is the largest, most comprehensive and authoritative B2B resource for executives working in the apparel, textile and footwear industries. We produce publications and events under the Sourcing Journal and Rivet brands, empowering industry leaders with essential news, expert commentary and in-depth analysis to navigate every aspect of their business.
It’s all About You…
At PMC, your wellness is top of mind. We offer a comprehensive benefits package to nurture you and your loved ones, including pets! Our package includes Healthcare (medical, dental, and vision) HSA with an employer contribution, FSA (Healthcare, Dependent Care & Commuter), EAP, Life Insurance, 401K with an employer match, Paid Parental Leave, Long-term Disability, generous Paid Time off (PTO), Pet Insurance, and Home & Auto insurance. Our Wellness initiatives rotate yoga, meditation, wellness weeks on a variety of topics, and financial wellness. We continuously elevate our offerings with more, for you.
PMC is a leading independent global media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a passionate monthly audience of more than 310 million. Since 2004, Penske Media has been a pioneer in digital media and a platform innovator, reaching viewers on all screens across its ever-growing constellation of iconic brands, which includes Deadline, Variety, Rolling Stone, Billboard, The Hollywood Reporter, VIBE, WWD, SHE Media, Robb Report, Sportico, TVLine, BGR, ARTnews, Art in America, Fairchild Media, and Spy.com, among many others. PMC’s journalists and content creators deliver daily the most comprehensive news and information in their industries and areas of coverage, unequaled in ambition, depth and courage. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 14 countries worldwide, PMC believes companies should not only be profitable but also forces for good. To learn more about PMC, our 2% Foundation, and our portfolio of brands, please visit www.PMC.com.
About Penske Media Corporation
Penske Media Corporation (PMC) is a leading digital media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a monthly audience of more than 260 million a month and reaches users in more than 175 countries as well as a collective 390 million social media followers. The company houses a constellation of globally prominent and legendary brands, including Variety, Rolling Stone, Deadline.com, WWD, Robb Report, SHE Media, BGR, IndieWire, Beauty Inc, Sourcing Journal, TVLine, FN, BlogHer, HollywoodLife, Gold Derby, and SPY. PMC delivers exceptional content to consumers, business leaders and organizations around the world across multiple platforms: digital, mobile, social, print, video, broadcast, and dynamic live events. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 11 countries worldwide, Penske Media is the way global leaders and influencers are informed, connected, and inspired.
Want to learn more about Penske Media Corporation? Visit Penske Media Corporation's website.
Create the extraordinary.