PMC: Senior Marketing Manager
Penske Media Corporation, New York, NY USA
Content is the cornerstone to all we do, and our audience is why we do it.
Salary: Base + Benefits + 401-k
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
The parent company of Rolling Stone, Variety, VIBE, WDD and others, Penske Media Corp. (PMC), is hiring a Senior Marketing Manager for its new Strategic Industry Group. This is a small and growing team responsible for creating and executing go-to-market strategies for Penske Media across high-growth industry verticals ranging from auto and retail, to finance and technology. We are seeking a Marketing Manager who is entrepreneurial, self-directed, and creative, who prides themselves on their writing and storytelling skills.
Working with the VP of Marketing, the Senior Marketing Manager will collaborate closely with our Heads of Industry to create and develop compelling, differentiated thought leadership, marketing materials, research, events, and advertising solutions for each vertical. In addition, you will steer the ideation and development of large-scale proposals for top-tier advertisers, leveraging our unique mix of properties and live media.
What You’ll Do
- Help drive thought leadership in the industry and refine the Penske Media value proposition
- Craft creative, attention-grabbing marketing content and materials tailored to our core verticals (i.e., presentations, research, newsletter copy, one-sheets, pitch decks, etc.)
- Lead the RFP process from ideation to proposal writing to submission—bringing the right mix of PMC brands, products, and platforms together to satisfy the needs of our clients when needed
- Collaborate with internal teams including heads of industry, PR & comms, research & data, live events, brand leaders, and others
- Stay in-tune with the market, looking for innovative new research, products, and tools that will allow us to continue to offer unique solutions
- Build and maintain a strong knowledge of Penske Media’s brands and advertising solutions
- 5+ years direct media experience in planning, marketing, media strategy, creative or sales; other relevant experience will also be considered, e.g. media or creative agency, production, etc.
- Strong writing skills and PowerPoint/ presentation experience
- Digital media/branded content literacy
- Ability to interpret research and tease out compelling insights (experience with comScore a plus)
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, manage multiple priorities, organize time effectively, complete assignments on time and follow-up with strong attention to detail
- Self-directed with excellent time management skills
It’s all About You…
At PMC, your wellness is top of mind. We offer a comprehensive benefits package to nurture you and your loved ones, including pets! Our package includes Healthcare (medical, dental, and vision) HSA with an employer contribution, FSA (Healthcare, Dependent Care & Commuter), EAP, Life Insurance, 401K with an employer match, Paid Parental Leave, Long-term Disability, generous Paid Time off (PTO), Pet Insurance, and Home & Auto insurance. Our Wellness initiatives rotate yoga, meditation, wellness weeks on a variety of topics, and financial wellness. We continuously elevate our offerings with more, for you.
PMC is a leading independent global media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a passionate monthly audience of more than 310 million. Since 2004, Penske Media has been a pioneer in digital media and a platform innovator, reaching viewers on all screens across its ever-growing constellation of iconic brands, which includes Deadline, Variety, Rolling Stone, Billboard, The Hollywood Reporter, VIBE, WWD, SHE Media, Robb Report, Sportico, TVLine, BGR, ARTnews, Art in America, Fairchild Media, and Spy.com, among many others. PMC’s journalists and content creators deliver daily the most comprehensive news and information in their industries and areas of coverage, unequaled in ambition, depth and courage. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 14 countries worldwide, PMC believes companies should not only be profitable but also forces for good. To learn more about PMC, our 2% Foundation, and our portfolio of brands, please visit www.PMC.com.
About Penske Media Corporation
Penske Media Corporation (PMC) is a leading digital media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a monthly audience of more than 260 million a month and reaches users in more than 175 countries as well as a collective 390 million social media followers. The company houses a constellation of globally prominent and legendary brands, including Variety, Rolling Stone, Deadline.com, WWD, Robb Report, SHE Media, BGR, IndieWire, Beauty Inc, Sourcing Journal, TVLine, FN, BlogHer, HollywoodLife, Gold Derby, and SPY. PMC delivers exceptional content to consumers, business leaders and organizations around the world across multiple platforms: digital, mobile, social, print, video, broadcast, and dynamic live events. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 11 countries worldwide, Penske Media is the way global leaders and influencers are informed, connected, and inspired.
Want to learn more about Penske Media Corporation? Visit Penske Media Corporation's website.
Create the extraordinary.
Creative Jobs For You
Analyst, Advanced Content Analytics, Decision Sciences, Peacock
NBCUniversal, LLC, New York, New York