Billboard En Español: Copy Editor/Writer
Penske Media Corporation, Los Angeles, CA USA
Content is the cornerstone to all we do, and our audience is why we do it.
Salary: Base + Benefits + 401-k
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Billboard En Español: Copy Editor/Writer
Billboard is hiring a bilingual (Spanish/English) Copy Editor and writer to join our soon-to launch Billboard En Español site. With a renowned authority among artists, fans and the industry, Billboard powers the ultimate global music destination and magazine, featuring unrivaled reporting on music news, issues and trends, and the industry’s definitive charts. Billboard En Español is an all-Spanish site that will serve as a companion to Billboard.com. The Copy editor/writer will report to the Deputy Editor, writing and editing daily stories for the site. The position requires a minimum of two years experience in a fast-paced digital newsroom; impeccable written Spanish; proven copy editing skills in Spanish; and a deep knowledge of, and passion for, Latin music and the Latin music industry.
- The Copy Editor/writer will copy edit and/or edit all stories before they are posted on the site. This includes original content written for the site and translated content previously written and edited in English.
- In his/her capacity as a writer, the successful candidate will write a minimum of two daily stories.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment. You will edit a minimum of five daily stories and write a minimum of two daily stories.
- You will build stories in Word Press, source and select best photos, and post to maximum advantage.
- Write headlines, decks and captions as needed.
- Edit all copy for grammar, spelling, usage, consistency, tone, accuracy, repetition, and style.
- Check facts and raise queries with the author.
- Work with editors and designers to resolve issues and find appropriate art and video.
- Input and proofread requested editorial and production changes.
- Be adaptable. You may find yourself copy editing a story one day, editing a feature the next and doing an Instagram Live the next. This is a growing, ever changing environment where no job is too big or too small.
- Be flexible. This is not a 9-5 job and often requires outside hours work as news cycle requires.
- Work across all Billboard content departments and with different teams, sharing resources and information.
- Have fun! This is a great place.
- Lots of room to grow.
- A fully bilingual (native Spanish speaker preferred) journalist with experience in copy editing who lives comfortably in between the two worlds: mainstream and Latino-centric; Spanish and English. Impeccable spoken and written Spanish is a must.
- A minimum of two years of copy-editing experience in Spanish is required.
- Excellent copywriting, copy editing and fact-checking skills.
- Strong communication skills, both verbally and in print.
- Ability to work productively under tight deadlines, juggling several projects at one time.
- Must be familiar with Wordpress
- 3+ years of experience at a fast-paced digital newsroom or similar.
- Passion and understanding of the Billboard brand and mission of delivering high-quality consumer and business news.
- Passionate and knowledgeable about music and music business in general and Latin music in particular, with keen interest in all genres of Latin music.
- A multi-tasker and collaborator for whom no job is too big or too small, who can work with many teams across many departments.
- Working knowledge of SEO.
- You must be familiar with AP style and should be detail-oriented, organized and self-motivated.
It’s all About You…
At PMC, your wellness is top of mind. We offer a comprehensive benefits package to nurture you and your loved ones, including pets! Our package includes Healthcare (medical, dental, and vision) HSA with an employer contribution, FSA (Healthcare, Dependent Care & Commuter), EAP, Life Insurance, 401K with an employer match, Paid Parental Leave, Long-term Disability, generous Paid Time off (PTO), Pet Insurance, and Home & Auto insurance. Our Wellness initiatives rotate yoga, meditation, wellness weeks on a variety of topics, and financial wellness. We continuously elevate our offerings with more, for you.
Billboard is the world's most influential music media brand reaching key executives and tastemakers in and around the music business through Billboard Magazine and millions of music fans through Billboard.com and Billboard Events. The Billboard brand is built on its exclusive charts and unrivaled reporting on the latest news, issues and trends across all genres of music. Billboard receives hundreds of millions of brand impressions daily through many strategic relationships with major companies across various industries. These relationships leverage Billboard's brand recognition, proprietary chart data and information resources to develop products, live events and print, television, radio, digital and mobile platforms. In addition to North America, Billboard operates businesses in Brazil, Greece, Japan, Korea and Russia
PMC is a leading independent global media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a passionate monthly audience of more than 310 million. Since 2004, Penske Media has been a pioneer in digital media and a platform innovator, reaching viewers on all screens across its ever-growing constellation of iconic brands, which includes Deadline, Variety, Rolling Stone, Billboard, The Hollywood Reporter, VIBE, WWD, SHE Media, Robb Report, Sportico, TVLine, BGR, ARTnews, Art in America, Fairchild Media, and Spy.com, among many others. PMC’s journalists and content creators deliver daily the most comprehensive news and information in their industries and areas of coverage, unequaled in ambition, depth and courage. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 14 countries worldwide, PMC believes companies should not only be profitable but also forces for good. To learn more about PMC, our 2% Foundation, and our portfolio of brands please visit www.PMC.com.
About Penske Media Corporation
Penske Media Corporation (PMC) is a leading digital media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a monthly audience of more than 260 million a month and reaches users in more than 175 countries as well as a collective 390 million social media followers. The company houses a constellation of globally prominent and legendary brands, including Variety, Rolling Stone, Deadline.com, WWD, Robb Report, SHE Media, BGR, IndieWire, Beauty Inc, Sourcing Journal, TVLine, FN, BlogHer, HollywoodLife, Gold Derby, and SPY. PMC delivers exceptional content to consumers, business leaders and organizations around the world across multiple platforms: digital, mobile, social, print, video, broadcast, and dynamic live events. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 11 countries worldwide, Penske Media is the way global leaders and influencers are informed, connected, and inspired.
Want to learn more about Penske Media Corporation? Visit Penske Media Corporation's website.
Connectors. Creators. Experience Makers.