Sourcing Journal: Sales Assistant
Penske Media Corporation, New York, NY USA
Content is the cornerstone to all we do, and our audience is why we do it.
Salary: Paid Hourly
Level: Entry Level
Sourcing Journal is looking for a Sales Assistant to join our talented sales team in our New York office. Ideal candidates will have relevant internship, school or job experience as well as excellent PowerPoint and Excel skills, a positive attitude, strong organizational skills.
Seeking someone responsible with an aptitude in problem-solving, a strong work ethic and an eagerness to learn. A team player with a high level of dedication and interest in the business of fashion. The Sales Assistant is the first point of contact for all incoming calls, emails, and messages when the sales representatives are not available. Candidates should be interested in learning the ins-and-outs of print and digital advertising sales.
- Assist the sales process from beginning to end Maintain sales data in Salesforce; create regular reports on performance
- Assist in client management
- Handle the processing of all orders with accuracy and timeliness
- Assist with digital and print ad trafficking
- Provide customer service for individuals and corporate subscribers; troubleshoot and assist with account setup
- Field and direct incoming sales inquiries via phone and email
- Perform general administrative duties on behalf of the Sales and Marketing teams
- Make travel arrangements and complete expense reports
- Act as liaison between departments
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize in a high-volume environment
- Superb attention to detail
- Strong communication skills, both verbal & written
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude and communicate diplomatically with all clients, readers and the larger PMC team
- Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint and Photoshop
- Strong interest in advancing in sales or marketing in a media organization
- Write proposals, book travel under the direction of the President and Founder
This is a full time, entry level position. Recent grads are welcome to apply.
About Sourcing Journal: Sourcing Journal, LLC, a leader in B2B trade media, produces publications and events under the Sourcing Journal, Vamp and Rivet brands. We're a resource for our industries, offering essential news, expert commentary and in-depth analysis. Sourcing Journal's parent company, Penske Media Corporation (PMC), is a leading digital media company, publishing, and information Services Company founded in 2003.
About PMC: Penske Media Corporation (PMC) is a leading digital media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a monthly audience of more than 180 million and empowers more than 1 million global CEOs and business thought-leaders in markets that impact the world. Our dynamic events, data services, and rich content entertain and educate today €™s fashion, retail, beauty, entertainment and lifestyle sectors. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 11 countries worldwide, Penske Media is the way global influencers are informed, connected, and inspired. To learn more about PMC and its iconic brands, visit www.pmc.com.
About Penske Media Corporation
Penske Media Corporation (PMC) is a leading digital media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a monthly audience of more than 260 million a month and reaches users in more than 175 countries as well as a collective 390 million social media followers. The company houses a constellation of globally prominent and legendary brands, including Variety, Rolling Stone, Deadline.com, WWD, Robb Report, SHE Media, BGR, IndieWire, Beauty Inc, Sourcing Journal, TVLine, FN, BlogHer, HollywoodLife, Gold Derby, and SPY. PMC delivers exceptional content to consumers, business leaders and organizations around the world across multiple platforms: digital, mobile, social, print, video, broadcast, and dynamic live events. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 11 countries worldwide, Penske Media is the way global leaders and influencers are informed, connected, and inspired.
Want to learn more about Penske Media Corporation? Visit Penske Media Corporation's website.
Recruit like an expert, or let an expert recruit for you.