PR Account Coordinator
PKPR, New York
Boutique PR agency representing social enterprise & lifestyle accounts
Salary: $38,000 - $55,000 plus competitive benefits
Level: Entry Level
If you are passionate about the news, have your finger on the pulse of pop culture and current events, and are looking for a full-time opportunity to use your creativity to drive positive change, then this is the job for you. It’s a great opportunity to develop your skills by working closely with a close-knit team of PR pros.
PKPR (www.pkpr.com) is a five-person PR firm located in the Financial District. We are seeking an account coordinator to provide support on nonprofit and lifestyle accounts, as well as work closely and be mentored by the firm’s president.
The ideal candidate is someone who is:
- Interested in two or more of the following: nonprofits, social justice, technology issues and policy, the environment, and arts & design
- On top of the latest current events and pop culture and business trends—and is eager to contribute ideas on how clients can capitalize on them
- Comfortable managing multiple projects and deadlines
- An excellent writer and researcher
- Curious, outgoing, energetic, and eager to learn
- Providing support on 4-5 accounts
- Researching topics and issues related to client accounts
- Researching journalists and creating media lists
- Drafting press releases and pitches
- Pitching media
- Managing 1-2 interns
- Monitoring press coverage and creating coverage reports
- Managing PKPR social media and website
- Recent college graduate with a degree in PR, communications, or journalism
- Based in the New York City area and available for hybrid work (2-3 days in office per week)
We offer a competitive salary and benefits including:
- Health and dental insurance after first 90 days
- 12 paid holidays per year
- 10 vacation days + generous PTO
- Annual bonus
- Paid time off between Christmas Eve and New Year’s Day
- Summer hours (9 am to 2 pm ET on Fridays) from Memorial Day to Labor Day
- Friday hours - 9 am to 4 pm ET (9-6 pm ET Monday - Thursday with one hour lunch)
PKPR is committed to diversity among its team and it is our policy to recruit and hire without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, and disability. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
PKPR is a boutique public relations agency located in the Financial District. We deliver big agency results for organizations working to disrupt business as usual and create social change.
Want to learn more about PKPR? Visit PKPR's website.
Create the extraordinary.