Communications Data Analyst
RAND Corporation, Pittsburgh, PA USA
OBJECTIVE ANALYSIS. EFFECTIVE SOLUTIONS
Salary: Competitive with benefits.
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
The RAND Corporation has an exciting opportunity for a seasoned Communications Data Analyst to help RAND gauge the effectiveness of outreach activities and audience engagement, including web and social media outlets, research publishing activities, media relations, congressional relations, and other profile-raising efforts.
RAND’s mission to help improve policy and decisionmaking through research and analysis and our commitment to the public good means that we want our work to reach and be understood by a wide range of audiences. Working from within RAND’s Office of External Affairs (OEA), this position will play a critical role in developing, tracking, and reporting on key performance indicators (KPIs) for the outreach dimensions for which OEA is responsible. Using discretion and independent judgement, the successful candidate will be responsible for implementing advanced digital analytics analysis and translating business goals into solutions that lead to measurable improvements in the uptake of RAND’s research among key audiences.
The Communications Data Analyst will
- Develop KPIs that effectively track and measure the success of departmental goals and outreach campaigns, synthesizing input from multiple sources, including managers, researchers, development teams, and functional group members
- Lead in the development of metrics dashboards that pull data from multiple sources
- Analyze user behavior and visitor experience and provide detailed analysis to OEA leadership, with recommendations for improvements
- Develop strategic and tactical recommendations about page design and organization, content placement, and search optimization through the analysis of website use patterns and performance
- Analyze RAND’s performance as defined by KPIs against peer organizations through benchmarking
- Coordinate content and/or analytics tags on webpages to ensure accuracy in reporting results and the ability to drill down into site usage across dimensions
- Support digital outreach innovation initiatives through the design, execution, and analysis of multivariate and A/B testing scenarios for content presentation
- Work closely with RAND’s Information Services team to ensure data accuracy and that toolsets meet industry standards.
- A minimum of six years of related experience, including but not limited to working with standard digital analysis tools, such as Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, Chartbeat, WebTrends, Compete, Social Media tracking, etc.
- Demonstrated experience in advanced web analytics methodologies, such as experimentation and testing, competitive analysis and benchmarking, surveys and market research
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Proven problem-solving skills through the ability to research and analyze an issue from a macro and micro perspective and formulate recommendations
- Demonstrated experience in gathering and defining requirements for system and data integration
- Proven experience with A/B testing and SEO (Search Engine Optimization) strategies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated track record of working independently and taking initiative to accomplish goals
- Experience with Tableau or Power BI
- Familiarity with SQL when handling large datasets
- Familiarity with R or Python statistical programming
BA/BS in a related field is required, a MA/MS is preferred.
This position will be based from one of the following RAND locations: Santa Monica, Pittsburgh, Boston, and Washington, D.C. This position offers a flex work arrangement with a mix of time in the office and working from home.
Equal Opportunity Employer: race/color/religion/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/national origin/disability/vet
About RAND Corporation
The RAND Corporation is a research organization that develops solutions to public policy challenges to help make communities throughout the world safer and more secure, healthier and more prosperous. RAND’s research and analysis address issues that impact people everywhere, including security, health, education, sustainability, growth, and development. Headquartered in Santa Monica, California, RAND has approximately 1,770 people from approximately 50 countries working in offices in North America, Europe and Australia, with annual revenues of $346 million.
RAND is nonprofit, nonpartisan, and committed to the public interest. Our research is sponsored by government agencies, international organizations, and foundations. We rely on philanthropic support to pursue visionary ideas; address critical problems that are under-researched; and devise innovative approaches for solving acute, complex, or provocative policy challenges. RAND values objectivity and integrity in both its research processes and internal interactions. We emphasize a collegial environment that respects the contributions and dignity of all staff.
Want to learn more about RAND Corporation? Visit RAND Corporation's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
Creative Jobs For You
Part-time Media Relations Coordinator (Media Relations Analyst I)
RAND Corporation, Arlington, VA USA