Editorial Assistant: Viking, Penguin Books, Penguin Life, Penguin Classics
Penguin Random House, NEW YORK, NY
Work at Penguin Random House
Penguin Random House has an exciting job opening for an Editorial Assistant for the following imprints: Viking, Penguin Books, Penguin Life, and Penguin Classics. The Assistant will provide administrative and editorial support to two Executive Editors and work on an impressive array of literary fiction, narrative nonfiction, translated literature, lifestyle/inspiration, and distinguished classic titles.
Specific responsibilities include:
* Providing administrative support to two Executive Editors.
* Reading and evaluating manuscript submissions, writing reader reports, researching comparative titles, drafting rejection letters, and preparing manuscripts for production.
* Anticipating project deadlines, routing and tracking contracts, submitting check requests, processing expense reports, and scheduling meetings.
* Communicating with authors, agents, and a variety of internal departments, including Marketing, Publicity, Sales, Production, Contracts, Permissions, Subsidiary Rights, and Art.
* Writing and editing internal sales materials, online copy, cover copy, publicity releases, and reading group guides.
* Participating in weekly editorial meetings.
Please apply if you meet the following minimum requirements:
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Excellent attention to detail, organization, and follow-up skills
* Ability to multitask and to manage multiple assignments in a deadline-driven environment
* Ability to work independently as well as within a team
* Ability to take initiative and problem solve creatively
* Ability to manage multiple short- and long-term projects simultaneously
* Familiarity with social media
* Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
* Prior office experience within book publishing a plus
* Reading knowledge of a foreign language a plus
Salary for this position is $45,000. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Please apply using our online application process.
About Penguin Random House
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.