Senior Business Analyst - Sales
Penguin Random House, New York, NY
Home of the world’s best books.
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
The Penguin Random House sales division is seeking a Business Analyst or a Senior Business Analyst to join the team!
This role will provide essential analytical support to all sales divisions within Penguin Random House and will work with various internal departments to provide a complete financial picture of the business. This is an exciting opportunity to be fully immersed in data collection, draw insight from analysis, and present large amounts of data in a clear and succinct format.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Providing regular (daily and monthly) reporting on billings, targets, customers, divisions and top titles for use by sales, senior management, and publishers.
- Compiling data elements to support sales forecasts as well as provide details on any variances.
- Providing analytical support for new business initiatives.
- Preparing presentations for Key Account Strategy reviews.
- Auditing and analyzing terms of sale elements and programs.
- Identifying any gaps in process or financial risks and providing recommendations for minimizing such risks.
- Liaising between the business units and the corporate finance areas.
- Conducting regular review of sales processes and providing input on how they may be improved or streamlined.
- Managing various projects and ad-hoc requests to support the business.
- Minimum of 2 years of business analytics experience; minimum of 4 years of business analytics experience to be considered at the Senior level
- Genuine interest in book publishing
- Excellent analytical, quantitative, and problem solving skills
- Proven ability to analyze and present complex information from multiple data sources concisely
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate across all levels within a company
- Adaptable with the ability to quickly learn new information systems and integrate them into existing processes
- Superb attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects
- Able to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel (including vlookups, arrays, macros, etc.)
- Familiarity with business intelligence systems (i.e. Business Objects, PowerBi, Tableau, Cognos, etc.) is a plus
Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume and cover letter with salary requirements. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program.
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.
Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
About Penguin Random House
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.
Want to learn more about Penguin Random House? Visit Penguin Random House's website.
Content is the cornerstone to all we do, and our audience is why we do it.
Jobs You May Like
New Growth Strategy & Innovation Commercial IOT Strategic Busi...
Cox Communications, Atlanta, GA 30328