Inventory Analyst - Publishing Operations
Penguin Random House, New York City, NY
Work at Penguin Random House
Penguin Random House is seeking an Inventory Analyst to join their Publishing Operations team. In this role, you will be working with an inventory manager to maintain targeted inventory levels for backlist children’s book titles, planning and forecasting, maintaining the integrity of information stored in SAP and serving as a liaison between customer service/warehouse personnel and production departments.
The individual will be responsible for maintaining data concerning reprints, ensuring the appropriate inventory levels for new releases and making the appropriate recommendations for reprints.
Specific responsibilities include:
* Create and distribute reprint agenda and minutes. Suggest reprint quantities and create reprint orders in SAP.
* Review new titles for sales estimate/order changes and suggest appropriate changes to inventory levels.
* Liaise with the warehouse to address receiving issues and ensure timely receipt of books.
* Create production orders for new titles and maintain title notes.
* Review sales/POS reports to identify trends and suggest reprints.
* Liaise with Sales to estimate needs for seasonal titles.
* Maintain quarterly clean-up of titles in the warehouse.
* Assist in managing the Audio and Diversified title lists.
Please apply if you meet the following requirements:
* 1-2 years prior publishing or inventory management experience preferred
* Ability to effectively prioritize and work on multiple projects at a time with strong attention to detail
* Proven ability to work independently as well as part of a larger team in a busy, and be proactive in a deadline-driven environment
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel
* Ability to creatively problem solve
* Power BI a plus
Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume and cover letter.
About Penguin Random House
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.
Want to learn more about Penguin Random House? Visit Penguin Random House's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands