Senior Azure Cloud Engineer
Penguin Random House, New York, NY
Home of the world’s best books.
Penguin Random House wouldn’t perhaps be the first company that comes to mind when you think of a career in IT but here’s a number of reasons why we think you should change your mind: we’re the number 1 publishing firm in the USA, likely globally, fresh off the back of an incredibly strong performance last year; we’re going through a lot of change, particularly in technology, and have embraced and thrived in an environment new to us; we consider ourselves to be the pioneers of publishing and are always looking for ways to operate more efficiently with creativity in mind; we feel like we’re akin to a start-up environment, but within an established business that’s excited to embrace new processes and technologies – you have all the fun and excitement within a company that’s tried and tested!
Penguin Random House is seeking a Cloud System Solution Engineer to be part of the Client Systems team working to maintain, design, and engineer enterprise-grade technologies for the world's leading trade-book publisher’s IT department. The Cloud System Solution Engineer is a solution driven technical engineer that leverages SaaS and cloud-based technologies to solve complex business challenges.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director of Client Systems Design, the duties and responsibilities of the Cloud System Solution Engineer include:
* Subject Matter Expert for Azure Cloud platform
* Well-versed in Azure AD, Azure Monitor, Azure Security Center, Azure Policy, Azure Sentinel, Azure Automation
* Integrate Azure operations team’s processes with customer’s broader Enterprise IT cloud management capabilities to enable consistent and routine upgrade plans, in addition to modifications and critical upgrades to common services
* Govern a variety of cloud-hosted IT projects leveraging knowledge of Active Directory, DNS, virtual and physical networking, and cloud technologies
* Experience in process automation creating and using Windows PowerShell/CMD shell scripts
* Configuration, administration, and maintenance of Microsoft services in an AWS environment
* Understanding of concepts such as virtualization, containerization, auto-scaling, experience with GIT, CI/CD integration toolchains, building fault-tolerant solutions and fully automated systems
* Using Microsoft business tools and enterprise SaaS products to address current and future business technology requirements
* Providing third-level support to Client Support Services and business users
* Assisting with Client Systems Design Team projects
* Collaborate with technical support leadership on escalations or requests related to cloud and managed services
* Collaborates with Service Delivery, Engineering, ITSM, Architecture, and Application teams
* Participating in peer-reviews and team knowledge transfer sessions
* Ability to be in an on-call rotation and contactable after production hours
* Occasional travel may be required as needed
Desired Skills & Experience:
Core Competency Requirements:
* A minimum of 3 years of administration experience in an on-premises/cloud-based global Microsoft enterprise
* Solution engineering using cloud-based platforms and ad-hoc SaaS products to address business technology requirements.
* Knowledge of the following Client Systems technologies: Networking: LAN, WAN, VPN connectivity and IP, DHCP, DNS, SMTP, SSL Protocols
* IT Change Management: Understanding of change and new technologies adoption processes
* Ability to analyze, troubleshoot and resolve technical and application problems
* Must have the ability to work independently, be self-driven and have a strong desire to learn
* Excellent team collaboration and interpersonal communication skills
Preferred Competency Requirements:
* Information Systems degree or Azure/Windows Server/M365 Networking certifications
* Familiarity with ARM templates
About Penguin Random House
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.
Want to learn more about Penguin Random House? Visit Penguin Random House's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands