Marketing Manager - Audio
Penguin Random House, New York City, NY
Home of the world’s best books.
Penguin Random House Audio is seeking an experienced and creative Marketing Manager to join our team. Reporting directly to the Marketing Director, you will have the opportunity to oversee all aspects of developing innovative campaigns to bring children’s audiobooks to the largest possible audience and collaborate across teams on imprint-wide campaigns and initiatives. You will be hands-on in the creation and execution of customized campaigns for young adult, middle grade, and children’s audiobooks to drive discovery and engagement among key gatekeepers and promote Listening Library's award-winning list of audiobooks to kids and teens.
This is an exciting opportunity to impact our children's audiobook division and to help expand the fastest growing segment of publishing. We are a close-knit team in an evolving division that welcomes forward thinkers and those excited to be on the ground floor of growth and innovation.
Since publishing its first audiobook in 1955, Jules Verne's Around the World in 80 Days, Listening Library has grown into one of the biggest names in the youth audio industry, publishing bestselling authors like Mary Pope Osborne, Philip Pullman, Rick Riordan, Nic Stone, and Sabaa Tahir, earning more than 450 ALSC and YALSA Audiobook Awards, 22 Odyssey Awards and Honors, 22 Audie® Awards, and two GRAMMY® Awards. Listening Library's list also includes audio recordings of classics like Dr. Seuss, E.B. White's Charlotte's Web and Madeline L'Engle's A Wrinkle in Time, and works by dozens of Newbery and Printz award-winning authors, including Jacqueline Woodson, Kate DiCamillo, and Christopher Paul Curtis.
* Create and lead innovative title-marketing campaigns based on market data and consumer trends to drive awareness, engagement, and sales of upcoming publications
* Manage title-marketing strategies, advertising campaigns, analytics, and budgets to help maximize ROI
* Liaise with Penguin Young Readers and Random House Children’s Book marketers and their larger teams to implement cohesive campaigns and promotions
* Collaborate with Audio Liaison Marketing Director to effectively share goals for each title with Editorial, Publicity, Sales, and the larger Marketing team
* Communicate audio marketing updates to authors, agents, and hardcover title-marketers as needed
* Maintain awareness of the children’s book market and suggest new and innovative ways to market audiobook titles to kids, parents, and booksellers
* Minimum of 3 years of experience in marketing with demonstrated leadership skills
* Proven ability to create strong integrated campaigns, as well as programmatic and search advertising strategies
* Demonstrates the ability to set and meet goals under an established budget
* Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and other key stakeholders
* Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize, and thrive in a deadline driven working environment
* Ability to work cross-functionally across the division and within the company
* Results-oriented, motivated, resourceful and able to work independently
We encourage marketing professionals from all industries to apply. If you’re an experienced marketing leader and enjoy working in a highly creative environment, this is an opportunity you don’t want to miss!
About Penguin Random House
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.
Want to learn more about Penguin Random House? Visit Penguin Random House's website.
Content is the cornerstone to all we do, and our audience is why we do it.