Specialty Retail Sales Manager/Associate Manager
Penguin Random House, New York, NY
Home of the world’s best books.
Specific responsibilities include:
* Maximizing sales growth within the established account base by acquiring and renewing orders
* Developing, maintaining, and enhancing relationships with key customers
* Maintaining account databases, which includes updating buyer contact information and logging communications and outreach to accounts
* Staying up-to-date on new titles and other general information for customers
* Positioning relevant frontlist and backlist titles within the account base
* Analyzing sales data as it pertains to budgets and creating strategies to maximize the sales within these budgets
* Communicating with management regarding account activities (i.e. reorders, account strategy)
* Working closely with other Sales Managers to develop sales skills and product and market knowledge
* Preparing monthly sales reports
Please apply if you meet the following qualifications:
* Minimum of 3 years of sales experience, including direct selling
* Experience within book publishing a plus
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Excellent presentation skills
* Proven ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
* Highly organized with the ability to self-start and prioritize a heavy workload
* Strong analytical skills with an emphasis on numbers and financials
* Ability to travel up to 10% of the year, via plane, train, or car
* Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
* Experience with Salesforce and Mail Chimp a plus
Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume and cover letter with salary requirements. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program.
About Penguin Random House
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.
Want to learn more about Penguin Random House? Visit Penguin Random House's website.
Content is the cornerstone to all we do, and our audience is why we do it.