Penguin Random House, New York, NY
Home of the world’s best books.
Specific responsibilities include:
* Evaluating manuscripts, writing reader’s reports, logging submissions, and drafting rejection letters
* Reading contracted manuscripts alongside the editor and offering critiques on both macro and micro levels
* Writing and editing catalog, flap, and marketing copy
* Preparing title information sheets and other marketing materials
* Working with authors, publishers, agents, the promotional departments, and the managing editorial department to coordinate and keep track of the production process from finished manuscript to bound book
* Creating P&Ls and contract information sheets, collecting sales data, and providing competitive title research
* Providing general administrative support, including answering phones, taking messages, booking conference rooms, filing departmental expense reports, routing author payments, keeping track of project due dates, executing mailings, and fielding questions from authors
* Enthusiasm for commercial publishing
* Prior office experience
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Exceptional attention to detail and strong follow-up skills
* Superb organizational skills and ability to multitask
* Ability to take initiative and problem solve creatively
* Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
* Familiarity with the tools of remote work (Microsoft Teams, WebEx, Zoom, etc.)
Salary for this position is $45,000. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume and cover letter.
About Penguin Random House
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.
Want to learn more about Penguin Random House? Visit Penguin Random House's website.
Content is the cornerstone to all we do, and our audience is why we do it.