Sales Associate, Premium Literacy Sales
Penguin Random House, New York, NY
Home of the world’s best books.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
* Sales responsibility for key literacy-focused accounts; including Grinspoon Foundation and Kids Read Now, among others.
* Manages mature account base as well as works to establish new business through incoming sales leads and outreach efforts.
* Researches and builds P&L’s to assess potential printing deals.
* Curate and maintain title lists and/or create grids to meet ad-hoc title needs for accounts and new business opportutinies
* Process orders from stock as well executing on exclusive printings.
* Work across multiple departments within Penguin Random House including Publishing Offices, Inventory Management, Production, Marketing, Supply Chain, Sales Operations, Customer Service, and Credit.
* Meeting prep: ranges from creating presentations and PowerPoint decks to gathering materials (digital & physical); generating Edelweiss collections; etc.
* Sales outreach including the creation of sell-sheets, titles grids and digital email blasts using various digital tools.
* Attends and presents at key account meetings (travel may be required)
* Work and attend various conferences and trade shows (as needed)
* Minimum of 1.5 years of sales experience, including direct communication with or in support of accounts
* Excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize multiple assignments
* Ability to work under pressure and maintain attention to detail
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to work well in a team
* PC proficiency (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
* Interest in the publishing industry, book sales, and children’s literacy
Preferred Qualifications, if any:
* Previous publishing experience or bookstore experience
* Experience using Salesforce or similar database management software
* High interest in children’s book sales
About Penguin Random House
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.
Want to learn more about Penguin Random House? Visit Penguin Random House's website.
Content is the cornerstone to all we do, and our audience is why we do it.