Associate Editor - Ink & Willow (WaterBrook)
Penguin Random House, Colorado Springs, CO
Home of the world’s best books.
The Associate Editor will also work with a variety of innovative stakeholders and teams, such as design, marketing, and production. This is a great opportunity for someone who enjoys brainstorming creative ideas, being part of a collaborative team, and the satisfaction of seeing projects through to completion.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Assist creative team in book development, including manuscript development and editing; copywriting including jacket, catalog, and other marketing copy under the supervision of editor
* Track, evaluate, and respond to agent submissions and unsolicited proposals
* Help develop new, innovative and marketable concepts and/or books
* Work with authors and creative team from line editing through every stage of manuscript development to completion, including proofreading and interfacing with production team
* Write jacket and sales copy; prepare fact sheets, blurbs and teasers
* Oversee copy, art, sales and promotional support required by editorial
* Assist with light clerical work and administrative tasks.
* May scout and develop new editorial talent
* Read industry publications and engage with online resources to stay up to date on trends and competitor’s lists
* Prepare revision letters to authors, subject to direction and approval by supervisor
* Provide clerical support, including filling/trafficking forms and other paperwork; filing; handling correspondence; mailing, etc.
* Perform other related projects or duties as assigned or required by division.
Please apply if you meet the following requirements:
* 1-2 years of experience in faith/inspirational book publishing or a related field of work
* Self-motivated, hands-on, creative individual with excellent oral and written communication skills
* Familiarity with copyediting and proofreading standards
* Excellent attention to detail in a deadline-driven environment with the ability to multi-task and prioritize
* Interest in visual design aesthetics
* Strong initiative and ability to work well independently as well as in a collaborative environment
* Ability to build supportive and constructive relationships within and outside of the organization
* Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel & Outlook
Salary for this position is $60,000. Please submit a cover letter along with your resume using our online application system.
About Penguin Random House
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.
Want to learn more about Penguin Random House? Visit Penguin Random House's website.
Create the extraordinary.