Penguin Random House, New York, NY
Home of the world’s best books.
The Penguin Random House Metadata team is seeking a skilled, inquisitive Analyst who can mine a variety of data sources and uncover business recommendations that drive online discoverability for our titles.
This position sits within the PRH Online & Digital Sales team, reporting to the VP, Director, Online Marketplace. You’ll work collaboratively with a team of data analysts and metadata experts to drive scalable SEO through analysis and reporting, distill insights from consumer search data into actionable takeaways for stakeholders in publishing and sales, and you will serve as the dedicated corporate Metadata Analyst for the Penguin Publishing Group.
This is an excellent opportunity for a curious person looking to flex their analytical muscles and help us leverage data to more effectively sell books.
What you’ll do:
* Analyze data from multiple sources to identify and capitalize on consumer search trends through metadata optimization
* Develop reporting and tools that drive decision-making and measure results using SQL, Excel, and PowerBI
* Design and oversee metadata experiments; assess impact and make recommendations to our team
* Conduct analysis on consumer search behavior across a wide range of book categories and be responsible for presenting actionable takeaways for our business to publishing and sales
* Serve as a liaison to the Penguin Publishing Group to field queries on metadata best practices and provide trend-based recommendations to editorial, marketing, publicity, and managing editorial
An ideal candidate will have:
* 2+ years of relevant work experience (data analyst or equivalent)
* Proficiency in SQL and MS Excel; experience with PowerBI and/or Python is a plus
* Excellent analytical skills with the ability to connect data findings to business applications and effectively communicate results to a non-technical audience
* Eagerness to learn, question our assumptions, and to dig into data from a variety of angles
* Initiative and is enthusiastic about generating ideas and executing projects without hand-holding
* A team player who enjoys brainstorming and collaborating with others (from fellow data analysts and SEO experts to cross-functional stakeholders)
* A fresh perspective on publishing—no prior industry experience required
About Penguin Random House
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.
Want to learn more about Penguin Random House? Visit Penguin Random House's website.
Create the extraordinary.