Manager, Analytics - Operations & Inventory, DK
Penguin Random House, New York City, NY
Home of the world’s best books.
DK, one of the leading imprints of Penguin Random House, is seeking a Manager, Analytics: Operations and Inventory to join our US Operations team. This is an exciting new role where you will support, develop, and enhance multiple processes to align with the intricacies of today’s book marketplace.
Reporting to the DK Director of Operations, the Manager will work with a close-knit team to support current inventory and supply chain practices through the life of a book, balancing overseas lead times and costs with responsiveness to today’s point of sale/algorithm driven industry.
In this role, you will leverage reporting and analytics skills to assess and optimize current processes and tools. You will shadow the Director of Operations and team to learn the processes, identify the challenges, and offer solutions. Implementing those solutions falls under the role’s key areas of responsibility, either by improving tools that the team can use or owning specific tasks yourself.
In addition, you will take the lead on the longer-term goals of reimagining and rebooting current processes, recommending alternatives and creating tools and tasks that support improved data driven decisions and overall efficiencies.
Our team works across multiple departments in both the US and the UK, so if you’re looking for a highly collaborative leadership role where you can help create and manage change, this is an opportunity you don’t want to miss!
Responsibilities and Goals:
* Use reporting and analytics skills to improve print decision process and accuracy; synthesize data from multiple and often disconnected sources; filter and prioritize titles for review; suggest data driven print quantities; take the lead on analytics prep and presentation at weekly print decision meetings
* Incorporate Amazon sales forecasts provided by analytics team into inventory management methodology
* Assess and optimize additional Operations functions, including but not limited to overstock dispositions and overseas freight delays; consolidate and develop reporting to clearly identify next steps for decision makers
* Support Finance team with monthly inventory KPI reporting; share with UK/US finance and inventory teams to evaluate actual stock levels vs goals and correlating impact on profit margin
* Work collaboratively with key departments to learn the business; develop synergies and relationships to inform and enhance printing and supply chain projects/solutions. These teams include: DK Production/ Analytics (UK); DK Finance (US/UK); DK Managing Editorial (US); PRH corporate Inventory and data analytics; PRH corporate Transportation and Distribution Center (US)
* Minimum of 3 years experience in Finance and/or Inventory Management
* Strong data analytics experience: demonstrated ability to report and present results to key stakeholders
* Advanced skills/ proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Google sheets; Power Bi a plus
* Ability to manage a variety of projects across multiple timelines and deadlines
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Demonstrates the ability to take initiative and think critically and analytically
* Book publishing and/or merchandise manufactured overseas experience a plus
About Penguin Random House
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.
Want to learn more about Penguin Random House? Visit Penguin Random House's website.
Create the extraordinary.