Senior Azure BI Developer
Penguin Random House, New York, NY
Home of the world’s best books.
So how does a Senior Developer fit into this situation I hear you ask? Well, as an Azure BI Developer, you will support our Business Intelligence initiative using Power Automate and the Azure platform. Among many things you’ll be responsible for developing and creating Power BI, Power App and Power Automate applications and tools to support data analytics, which is fast becoming a cornerstone of how we operate.
We’ve learned so many incredible things this past year and one of the most impactful is that we can’t operate without data and the systems to be able to understand and enhance what it means to us. That’s where you come in. Reporting into the VP of Technology Project Management, you’ll be joining a well-established team that’s looking for someone with a collaborative, solutions-based mindset. There are many elements to your role, see below a snapshot of the main responsibilities:
* Build new and enhance existing Business Intelligence applications
* Responsible for creating tools that turn data into actionable information
* Communicate with business stakeholders and refine product requirements
* Responsible for creating client-side applications
Successful candidates will be qualified in:
* 4+ years’ experience building apps in Azure where you can demonstrate your comfort level with Power Automate Desktop & PowerBI.com Interacting with SQL databases & Snowflake
* Creating Apps/Workflows with Power Automate
* Experience with SharePoint sites and workflow
* Building webservices in Azure
* 2+ years’ experience with Microsoft SQL Server (2015+)
* Creating and building complex views and stored procedures
* Experienced with working within the Agile development framework
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills. You’ll be working with entry through to board level colleagues, so being able to adjust to your audience is key!
* Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented – some may think this is a given but with over 275+ imprints and business departments, there’s a lot to manage, so organization is pretty high on the must have list
Given how popular these roles can be, when you apply, we’d love for you to showcase as much as possible in your resume how your experience will add to our team, and will also welcome cover letters so you can go into additional depth should you wish. We look forward to hearing from and hopefully meeting you soon!
About Penguin Random House
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.
Want to learn more about Penguin Random House? Visit Penguin Random House's website.
Create the extraordinary.