Associate Publicist - Audio
Penguin Random House, New York City, NY
Home of the world’s best books.
Associate Publicist, Listening Library - Audio
Penguin Random House Audio is looking for an adept communicator with experience in children’s books to join our publicity team working in the fastest growing segment of publishing. As the Associate Publicist, you will develop and execute strategies to reach YA readers, parents, as well as school and library gatekeepers to promote Listening Library’s award-winning list of audiobooks for kids and teens.
Since publishing its first audiobook in 1955, Jules Verne's Around the World in 80 Days, Listening Library has grown into one of the biggest names in the youth audio industry, publishing bestselling authors like Mary Pope Osborne, Philip Pullman, Rick Riordan, Nic Stone, and Sabaa Tahir, earning more than 450 ALSC and YALSA Audiobook Awards, 22 Odyssey Awards and Honors, 22 Audie® Awards, and two GRAMMY® Awards. Listening Library’s list also includes audio recordings of classics like Dr. Seuss, E.B. White’s Charlotte’s Web and Madeline L’Engle’s A Wrinkle in Time, and works by dozens of Newbery and Printz award-winning authors, including Jacqueline Woodson, Kate DiCamillo, and Christopher Paul Curtis.
* Together with Listening Library’s VP of Publicity and Publicist, generating ideas for publicizing the audiobook format and Listening Library’s list, from picture books to YA.
* Writing pitches and press releases, scheduling interviews with narrators and authors, and placing audio excerpts with media.
* Researching, creating, and maintaining media lists, developing media relationships and identifying new opportunities for audiobook coverage.
* Working with the Publicity, Editorial, Studio Production, and Marketing teams to identify key upcoming titles and opportunities.
* Developing strong working relationships with and acting as a liaison to the Penguin Young Readers and Random House Children’s Books publicity departments, as well as outside publishing partners, to collaborate and feature audio in their campaigns.
* Collaborating with the Social Media Manager to share title news and author content as well as influencer outreach.
* Pitching panels and attending/staffing select events, conventions, and book festivals featuring our author and narrator talent.
* Partnering with the publicity department assistant to collaborate on media coverage reports, review mailings and review copy requests.
* Minimum of 2 years of publicity experience; prior experience within children’s book publishing is highly preferred
* Demonstrates an interest in books
* Possesses exceptional writing, communication, and presentation skills
* Displays keen attention to detail, and demonstrates the ability to successfully manage multiple priorities
If you thrive on contributing to team dynamics, are a passionate advocate for audiobooks and authors, and enjoy pitching new ideas within a highly creative environment, this is an opportunity you don’t want to miss!
About Penguin Random House
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.
Want to learn more about Penguin Random House? Visit Penguin Random House's website.
Create the extraordinary.