Associate Publicist - RHCB
Penguin Random House, New York, NY
Home of the world’s best books.
Random House Children’s Books | Associate Publicist
Random House Children’s Books (RHCB) seeks an enthusiastic and book-passionate Associate Publicist to join its Publicity team. The person in this role will assist in daily operations and administrative functions for the publicity department, assist senior publicity staff with media and event campaigns, and independently coordinate publicity campaigns for assigned titles. RHCB is the world’s largest English-language children’s trade book publisher, consisting of various imprints that publish award-winning authors and illustrators, world-famous franchise characters, and multimillion-copy series for toddlers through young adult readers, in all formats from board books to activity books to picture books, novels, and nonfiction.
* Independently coordinates publicity campaigns for assigned titles under supervision, including: drafting galley letters, press releases, and media lists; pitching TV, radio, print, and online outlets for coverage; coordinating and confirming author tour schedules and book signings; and more.
* Provides general administrative support to the department, including: pitching book festivals, compiling seasonal media meeting decks, awards submissions, invoice processing, and more.
* Assists senior publicity staff as needed with priority publicity campaigns.
* Researches and seeks out new media outlets for promotion of our titles.
* Reads several magazines and newspapers for publishing news, competitive coverage, and information on our books.
* Internally, the role will interact closely with Marketing, Sales, and Editorial teams, and externally the role will entail communication with authors and illustrators, booksellers, and all facets of media, including: TV, radio, print, and online outlets.
* Our ideal candidate will have excellent written and verbal communication skills, be able to work independently as well as collaboratively, have close attention to detail, and approximately two years of children’s book publicity experience. The ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively while also maintaining accuracy and attention to detail is essential.
* At least 1-2 years of experience in book publishing or PR/Publicity required, with children’s book publicity preferred
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively while remaining organized and maintaining accuracy and attention to detail
* Ability to work well both independently and collaboratively
* Knowledge of the media landscape, as well as growing relationships with book reviewers, print and online magazine editors, broadcast producers, and bloggers
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) required
Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume and cover letter.
About Penguin Random House
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.
Want to learn more about Penguin Random House? Visit Penguin Random House's website.
Create the extraordinary.