Sales Assistant - PRH Publisher Services
Penguin Random House, New York, NY
Home of the world’s best books.
Penguin Random House is looking for a highly organized and aspiring publishing professional to join the Penguin Random House Publisher Services sales team. In this role, you will join the National Account Clubs team, who represents our exciting portfolio of client titles, including DC Comics, America’s Test Kitchen, Catapult, Hearst, Rizzoli, Shambhala, Wizards of the Coast, and many others to Costco, BJ’s, Sam’s and Readerlink. The Assistant will also support the Vice President and will work closely with the larger National Accounts team to maximize client sales across the marketplace.
If you have a passion for reading and are looking for the opportunity to work with key book accounts, this may be the perfect position for you! For a look at our complete list of client publishers, please click here.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Navigating multiple internal and external systems to report on Book Title Management and Sales data review
* Seasonal Title Presentation support, material collection and publisher outreach
* Weekly Club Point of Sale Tracking and Daily Order Tracking
* Coordinate the online catalog presentation process with the Barnes & Noble team
* Work with the Vice President to craft weekly agendas as well as manage ad hoc projects
* Acting as a liaison between customer, sales team, and 50 client publishers
* Assist with other projects as needed
Please apply if you meet the following minimum requirements:
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
* Proven ability to prioritize multiple assignments and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
* Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
* Ability to work well under pressure
* Ability to build and maintain relationships across multiple teams and businesses, with the end goal of highlighting a diverse list of books to varied target audiences
* Proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook
Salary for this position is $45,000. Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume and cover letter.
About Penguin Random House
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.
Want to learn more about Penguin Random House? Visit Penguin Random House's website.
Create the extraordinary.