Inventory Analyst - Publishing Operations
Penguin Random House, New York City, NY
Home of the world’s best books.
With a focus on efficiencies and progress for the Inventory Management team, this role is data-focused, with strong communication, organizational, and analytical aspects. As Inventory Analyst, you’ll be the Inventory Management point person on a variety of initiatives and a nexus between multiple teams and departments. You’ll be responsible for developing and maintaining operational best practices for the Inventory Management team and analyzing performance against established KPI’s. Additionally, this role will have ownership over the automated printing program and the management of inventory in our Reno Warehouse.
Specific responsibilities include:
* Ownership over the Dynamic Buffer Management system for the auto-printing program. This includes model management, auditing of current functions, investigation and resolution of any issues, and development of enhancements
* Oversight of inventory in the Reno warehouse, including the Automated Inventory management system currently in place. This includes: Reviewing daily model updates and stock transfers
* Managing the annual calendar and model maintenance for promotional periods and holidays
* Partnering with other teams to resolve under/overstock events in the Reno warehouse
* Identifying and resolving any issues as they occur while improving the system to prevent future events
* Developing and recommending future system enhancements
* Act as primary contact for Operations personnel for Reno related issues
* Development and maintenance of operational best practices for the Inventory Management team, including regular updates to sales and returns status, stock review and clean-up, and reporting against established KPIs
* Special projects as needed
Please apply if you meet the following minimum requirements:
* Excellent analytical skills; comfortability with numbers and data
* Ability to proactively and creatively problem solve
* Strong organizational and time management skills
* Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
* Proficiency in Microsoft Excel; PowerBI and SQL experience a plus but not required
* No publishing experience required
About Penguin Random House
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.
Want to learn more about Penguin Random House? Visit Penguin Random House's website.
Content is the cornerstone to all we do, and our audience is why we do it.