Publishing Assistant - Penguin Publishing Group
Penguin Random House, New York City, NY
Home of the world’s best books.
We are seeking a Publishing Assistant to provide support to the President of Penguin Publishing Group; the SVP, Director of Strategy and Finance; and the Director, Business Development. This is a great opportunity to learn about the business side of publishing, the life cycle of a book, publishing strategy, and the industry and overall marketplace. The position offers a unique birds-eye view of the interaction between publishing departments and of the larger Penguin Random House organization.
The Publishing Assistant:
* Provides administrative support, including maintaining calendars and appointments, processing monthly travel & entertainment expenses, planning business-related travel, and ordering office supplies and books
* Schedules and coordinates small and large-scale meetings
* Liaises with employees, authors, agents, and other outside parties on behalf of the central Penguin office
* Runs ad hoc reporting related to sales and finance
* Creates materials (decks, charts, reports) for presentations
* Works closely with the Corporate Giving team on charitable giving and event requests
* Works closely with Office Services and Facilities on topics related to our physical office space
* Provides routine support in a wide range of areas, including author care; acquisitions; diversity, equity & inclusion initiatives; new hire onboarding; employee learning and development; future of work; and various corporate and special projects
* Maintains confidentiality of sensitive information at all times
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Strong ability to maintain confidentiality
* Must be comfortable working with numbers
* Should have facility working with Microsoft Excel on a regular basis or willingness to take a work-sponsored Excel e-course
* Strong organizational and time-management skills
* Ability to prioritize and multi-task
* Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
* Ability to problem solve in a fast-paced environment
* Interest in strategy work and the business side of publishing
Entry-level salary for this position is $45,000. Kindly include your cover letter and resume in our application system.
About Penguin Random House
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.
Want to learn more about Penguin Random House? Visit Penguin Random House's website.
Content is the cornerstone to all we do, and our audience is why we do it.