Senior Manager, Marketing Analytics - Consumer Marketing
Penguin Random House, New York, NY
Home of the world’s best books.
Senior Manager, Marketing Analytics
The Consumer Marketing group at Penguin Random House is seeking a Senior Manager, Marketing Analytics. If you have a passion for improving digital marketing performance through measurement, reporting, analysis, and optimization, then this is a great role for you.
The Consumer Marketing team drives marketing innovation at the world’s largest book publisher. We connect with consumers directly and help them discover their next great read via PenguinRandomHouse.com, (including Reader Rewards), ReadBrightly.com (a program focused on raising life-long readers), and other consumer-facing sites and channels (email, advertising, social media). In this role, you’ll collaborate with product and business teams to identify KPIs, write analytics requirements that align with goals, develop dashboards and reports, analyze consumer web behavior, and make recommendations for optimization. You’ll report to the VP, Consumer Insights & Analytics and supervise a Marketing Analytics Manager who supports the responsibilities outlined below and leads SEO research.
* Work with business leads to co-create goals, define KPIs, and effectively track them
* Onboard new websites and ensure they are aligned with tracking best practices; write, document, and QA analytics tracking requirements for new site enhancements
* Maintain the quality of the data layer within the tag management system
* Analyze digital marketing data (primarily via Adobe Analytics) to understand performance and make recommendations to business stakeholders and web product managers
* Implement advertising tags for custom conversion tracking in partnership with the Advertising teams
* Conduct Adobe Analytics trainings and facilitate company-wide adoption of in-house marketing measurement tools
* Serve as the product owner and administrator for Adobe Analytics and TealiumIQ
* Manage at least one team member
* 5+ years digital/web analytics experience
* Expertise in web analytics implementation and reporting with Adobe Analytics/Omniture
* Experience with tag management software
* Familiarity with digital marketing activities and key metrics across web, email, advertising, social media, search, etc.
* Strong analytical and communication skills - ability to distill complex data sets into clear story lines for stakeholders, and ability to collaborate with multiple teams and functions
* Curiosity and a desire to learn
* Experience with data visualization software a plus (e.g., PowerBI, Tableau)
* Ability to write SQL queries, and an understanding of database structure a plus
Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume and cover letter.
About Penguin Random House
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.
Want to learn more about Penguin Random House? Visit Penguin Random House's website.
Create the extraordinary.