Publicity Assistant - Viking Penguin
Penguin Random House, New York, NY
Home of the world’s best books.
We are seeking a Publicity Assistant to support and assist an Executive Publicist and a Publicity Manager in the Viking, Penguin Books, Penguin Classics and Penguin Life imprints of Penguin Random House.
Viking and Penguin Books are home to award-winning, critically-acclaimed and bestselling authors across fiction and nonfiction, including Rebecca Makkai, Amor Towles, Tana French, Elaine Welteroth, Ruth Ozeki, J.M. Coetzee, Matt Haig, Terrance Hayes and Nathaniel Phlbrick. This is a fantastic opportunity to work with distinguished authors on a wide variety of books.
Specific responsibilities include:
* Providing general administrative support, including mailings, processing invoices, filing, billings, expense reports, etc.
* Coordinating travel and other arrangements for major author tours and creating detailed tour schedules for campaigns.
* Drafting press materials, including press releases, pitch and galley letters, interview alerts, quote sheets, etc.
* Liasing with organizations to organize author events.
* Responding to a variety of calls from media, authors, and booksellers.
* Communicating between the Marketing, Editorial, and Production departments.
* Maintaining media clips, press contacts, and detailed logs of publicity projects in an internal database system.
* Performing online research to acquire publicity contacts and assisting with social media platforms.
* Attending book events, virtually or in-person depending on state of current affairs.
* Pitching press interviews and reviews for authors and their books.
Please apply if you meet the following minimum requirements:
* Strong interest in publicity and publishing
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to manage multiple responsibilities in a deadline-driven environment
* Excellent organizational skills and superb attention to detail
* Strong follow-up skills
* Proven ability to work independently and collaboratively with a team
* Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
* Working knowledge of social media
* Quick at picking up different computer systems and databases
About Penguin Random House
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.
Want to learn more about Penguin Random House? Visit Penguin Random House's website.
Create the extraordinary.